Belly Covers, Questions and Tips

PracticalDancer

To temporarily cover tattoos you could use whatever the modern version is of "Covermark" which was a make up developed to cover scars and port wine birthmarks. I know they are waterproof but don't know any brand names.

Try Dermablend! Worked for a local dancer here!

I have a SugarPetals as well. Mine goes up under the breast, with clear straps. Some really smart person somewhere told me to dust the straps with my face powder and it will help eliminate that shiny plastic look when the light hits it. (Anala, was that you?)

No, not me; but, a good idea!

Amulya

I wish for a body stocking with a henna pattern!!!! How cool would that be? Henna doesn't work on me, my skin refuses to take on the colour :(

LilithNoor

I wish for a body stocking with a henna pattern!!!! How cool would that be? Henna doesn't work on me, my skin refuses to take on the colour :(

You can always paint the pattern on with waterproof eyeliner- my troupe have done that before as henna comes out very pale on stomachs and faces.

Taslin

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I see the differences in coverage that the different types may provide. Maybe i'll need to play with the types and layering them.

I think My tatts will look great in most costumes . i do love them-it's just the versatility im interested in exploring. Being a non-tattooed dancer if i want/need to be would be a nice option to have.

I don't mind showing them off, but there are settings were if i had a choice i would cover them.

I have the make up that is water proof-it does rub off on clothing so id never let it near a costume. Interestingly enough i don't use that makeup now that i have the tattoos. I bought it to cover a scar-and then got the tattoo over the scar (on my abdomen).

My ahem..."lower back tattoo" is mainly want covered in certain settings,lol. It is large and interesting as opposed to the vine tattoo on my front abdomen that just flows with my body,i worry it could be distracting from the costume and dance.

Amulya

What about those temporairy tattoos you can paint on, they last a few days, but I heard scary stories about them...

Shanazel

What kind of scary stories?

I like henna tattoos for their earthy appearance and because I can change them at will. I can't live with the same pictures on the wall forever; stands to reason I'd get tired of a real tattoo.

Amulya

Apparently there is this stuff that they call 'black henna' and it's done by people at market stalls, some of it is toxic and burns scars in people's skin:

"So-called "black henna" powder may be derived from indigo (from the plant Indigofera tinctoria). It may also contain unlisted dyes and chemicals.[30] "Black henna" may contain p-phenylenediamine (PPD), which can stain skin black quickly, but can cause severe allergic reactions and permanent scarring. The FDA specifically forbids PPD to be used for that purpose, and may prosecute those who produce "black henna'.[31] Artists who injure clients with "Black Henna" in the U.S. may be sued for damages.[32]"

Henna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shanazel

Scary, all right. My local henna artist uses regular henna and makes her own mix. I trust her implicitly. (She also used to be one of my students until she opened her own very successful business and started working fifteen hours a day!)

Marisol

There is a black looking natural tatoo stuff from South America. I havent tried it but the company that sells it looks reputable. If I remember the web adx I'll put it up.