Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pole dance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pole dance

Not the run of the mill pole dancer but an artist.

BEST Pole Dance Ever by Jenyne Butterfly 2011 - YouTube
    Last edited by Mosaic; 12-10-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Embedded video
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

That walking on air trick.... holy WOW!

Post Thanks / Like

That was absolutely stunning to watch! I will admit an anti-pole dance bias -- but she didn't come across as "sexy" or "slutty," she was just an incredible athlete and artist who is AMAZINGLY strong and AMAZINGLY flexible! For all those moments when we pray that the GP will have a "conversion moment" and see our dance for the athletic art that it is . . . I just had my pole dance conversion moment!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! she is incredible! love that walking on thin air movement She is so powerful & strong.

I embedded the video for you Shan.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Now to post another totally different dance - Saw this on Bhuz and some of you may have seen it, but for the non Bhuz members this is amazingly beautiful. It totally mesmerised me. I love her graceful hands and arms. Wish mine were 1/2 as graceful I've saved this to my youtube favs, I love it so much.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing how strong the dancer in the first clip is! If pole dancing was done fully clothed it's rather like gymnastics and can be very graceful.
    I'd prefer if the artist here would have had some more clothes on so she wouldn't portray the stereotyped dancer in lingerie. Although hers is different of course.
    I think you need bare legs though to get a good grip and not slip off. I should ask my friend who takes pole dance classes.

Post Thanks / Like

You need a bare waist, bare legs and bare arms to grip the pole properly. What pole dancers wear is pretty much what they need to to be able to do what they do, but I agree that if they wore more sporty or stagey costumes instead of defaulting to lingere that they'd have a lot more respect in the wider community.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anala View Post
    she was just an incredible athlete and artist who is AMAZINGLY strong and AMAZINGLY flexible!
    I will agree with her being an incredible athlete. I still found the artistic level lacking though. It was great to watch and very entertaining but most of the performance was about the athleticism, it didn't blend. The little dance at the beginning to create atmosphere didn't blend either. The day someone manages to blend the athleticism with the artistic the same way the performers who do the aerial silk do I will agree with you. She's the closest I've seen but I don't think it's there yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    You need a bare waist, bare legs and bare arms to grip the pole properly. What pole dancers wear is pretty much what they need to to be able to do what they do, but I agree that if they wore more sporty or stagey costumes instead of defaulting to lingere that they'd have a lot more respect in the wider community.
    Exactly. I used to pole dance but I didnt wear lingerie I wore what I needed to shorts and a spagetti strap top. (one day I hope to get my belly dance practices up.)

Pole Dance 3 - YouTube

Pole Dance 2 - YouTube

Pole Dance...I stuck to the pole. oops - YouTube

Pole Dance - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

The aerial silks are amazing, one of my friends does it and teaches it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast