Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Pole dance

  1. #21
    Member LuLu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Isn't ice dancing an event? And floor gymnastics done to music is a form of dance. It's a shame that athletic forms of dance don't get the recognition they deserve and require another name to be accepted by the Olympics.



    Many pole dancers are no more scantily dressed than some famous women track and field competitors:

    Attachment 5057

    Attachment 5058
    There is a difference between the women above and a woman in a glittery G-string and top with her boobs poking out and 7inch stripper heels which is what is worn in alot of competitions. If they want to be taken seriously as athletes they need to dress like athletes shorts, sports top ect not dress like a stripper. IMO

  2. #22
    Moderator Shanazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountains USA
    Posts
    15,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How much difference is there really? Those female athletes are togged out in bikini bottoms, crop top with everything showing they can possibly get out in the open air. Spike heels, of course, are non-condusive to track and field events but G-strings are just a couple of steps away from those bikini briefs. Their boobs don't poke out because on extremely athletic bodies breasts are tiny to non-existent. And ever taken a good look at those leotards gymnists wear? Not much coverage down there.

    Ice dancers and gymnists have specialized clothing for their events. Any pole event would require legs, arms, and stomach to be bare in order to maintain skin contact with the pole. I'm not advocating g-strings and spike heels, but why shouldn't competitors be able to glitz their costumes the way skaters do?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

  3. #23
    V.I.P. Ariadne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NE Mojave Desert
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is a difference between glitz and boudoir, the first is fine the second isn't. It's no different then us telling dancers not to wear costumes that look like underwear. Whether or not they went glitzy or sporty I really couldn't care less as long as it's not boudoir wear.


    I like the set up in that video Lulu. It's almost identicle to the set up in this video:
    The two tall poles with the padding underneath looked both portable and professional.

  4. #24
    Moderator Shanazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountains USA
    Posts
    15,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To all concerned: you do realize I am rattling cages just for the hell of it, right?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

  5. #25
    Moderator Amulya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That is amazing! One of my friends said you need bare legs, arms and belly to get a grip, but these guys are completely covered, maybe the fabric helps?

  6. #26
    Moderator Amulya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    To all concerned: you do realize I am rattling cages just for the hell of it, right?
    I'd be concerned if you didn't!

  7. #27
    Member LuLu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    How much difference is there really? Those female athletes are togged out in bikini bottoms, crop top with everything showing they can possibly get out in the open air. Spike heels, of course, are non-condusive to track and field events but G-strings are just a couple of steps away from those bikini briefs. Their boobs don't poke out because on extremely athletic bodies breasts are tiny to non-existent. And ever taken a good look at those leotards gymnists wear? Not much coverage down there.

    Ice dancers and gymnists have specialized clothing for their events. Any pole event would require legs, arms, and stomach to be bare in order to maintain skin contact with the pole. I'm not advocating g-strings and spike heels, but why shouldn't competitors be able to glitz their costumes the way skaters do?
    If they want it taken seriously as Gymnastics then they should dress like it if they want it to be pole dance and dress like strippers then fewer people will want it because of the stigma, the above girls are good and they keep it classy but more often then not when girls glitz it up it turns into Night at the Strip Club rather than graceful classy acrobatics

  8. #28
    Moderator Shanazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountains USA
    Posts
    15,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some pretty glitzy and exposed gymnists and skater. Certainly the positions gymnists get themselves into are no more modest than those exhibited by pole dancers.


    Attachment 5065

    Attachment 5066

    Attachment 5067

    Attachment 5068
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

  9. #29
    V.I.P. Ariadne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NE Mojave Desert
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Well there's an unfortunate picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    That is amazing! One of my friends said you need bare legs, arms and belly to get a grip, but these guys are completely covered, maybe the fabric helps?
    I suspect there are moves and poses that require the skin contact that those acrobatics didn't do. I did enjoy seeing them jumping between poles though as opposed to dismounting and remounting.
    Last edited by Ariadne; 12-17-2011 at 09:20 PM.

  10. #30
    Moderator Amulya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Some pretty glitzy and exposed gymnists and skater. Certainly the positions gymnists get themselves into are no more modest than those exhibited by pole dancers.


    Attachment 5065

    Attachment 5066

    Attachment 5067

    Attachment 5068

    Totally agree, I have always wondered why they need to dress so skimpy. And people think we belly dancers are risque with our costumes! Even the skimpiest Dina costume is nothing compared to some of these!

    Latin dance competitions.... scary sometimes. My old school friend used to be a photographer for such events and some of the pictures she accidently took during unfortunate moves. One dancers was wearing a g-string and some bits were sticking out, yuk!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •