Pole dance

LuLu

Isn't ice dancing an event? And floor gymnastics done to music is a form of dance. It's a shame that athletic forms of dance don't get the recognition they deserve and require another name to be accepted by the Olympics.

Many pole dancers are no more scantily dressed than some famous women track and field competitors:

View attachment 5057

View attachment 5058

There is a difference between the women above and a woman in a glittery G-string and top with her boobs poking out and 7inch stripper heels which is what is worn in alot of competitions. If they want to be taken seriously as athletes they need to dress like athletes shorts, sports top ect not dress like a stripper. IMO

Shanazel

How much difference is there really? Those female athletes are togged out in bikini bottoms, crop top with everything showing they can possibly get out in the open air. Spike heels, of course, are non-condusive to track and field events but G-strings are just a couple of steps away from those bikini briefs. Their boobs don't poke out because on extremely athletic bodies breasts are tiny to non-existent. And ever taken a good look at those leotards gymnists wear? Not much coverage down there.

Ice dancers and gymnists have specialized clothing for their events. Any pole event would require legs, arms, and stomach to be bare in order to maintain skin contact with the pole. I'm not advocating g-strings and spike heels, but why shouldn't competitors be able to glitz their costumes the way skaters do?

Ariadne

There is a difference between glitz and boudoir, the first is fine the second isn't. It's no different then us telling dancers not to wear costumes that look like underwear. Whether or not they went glitzy or sporty I really couldn't care less as long as it's not boudoir wear.

I like the set up in that video Lulu. It's almost identicle to the set up in this video:
The two tall poles with the padding underneath looked both portable and professional.

Amulya

That is amazing! One of my friends said you need bare legs, arms and belly to get a grip, but these guys are completely covered, maybe the fabric helps?

LuLu

How much difference is there really? Those female athletes are togged out in bikini bottoms, crop top with everything showing they can possibly get out in the open air. Spike heels, of course, are non-condusive to track and field events but G-strings are just a couple of steps away from those bikini briefs. Their boobs don't poke out because on extremely athletic bodies breasts are tiny to non-existent. And ever taken a good look at those leotards gymnists wear? Not much coverage down there.

Ice dancers and gymnists have specialized clothing for their events. Any pole event would require legs, arms, and stomach to be bare in order to maintain skin contact with the pole. I'm not advocating g-strings and spike heels, but why shouldn't competitors be able to glitz their costumes the way skaters do?

If they want it taken seriously as Gymnastics then they should dress like it if they want it to be pole dance and dress like strippers then fewer people will want it because of the stigma, the above girls are good and they keep it classy but more often then not when girls glitz it up it turns into Night at the Strip Club rather than graceful classy acrobatics

Ariadne

Well there's an unfortunate picture. :lol:

That is amazing! One of my friends said you need bare legs, arms and belly to get a grip, but these guys are completely covered, maybe the fabric helps?
I suspect there are moves and poses that require the skin contact that those acrobatics didn't do. I did enjoy seeing them jumping between poles though as opposed to dismounting and remounting.

Last edited:

Amulya

Some pretty glitzy and exposed gymnists and skater. ;) Certainly the positions gymnists get themselves into are no more modest than those exhibited by pole dancers.

View attachment 5065

View attachment 5066

View attachment 5067

View attachment 5068

Totally agree, I have always wondered why they need to dress so skimpy. And people think we belly dancers are risque with our costumes! Even the skimpiest Dina costume is nothing compared to some of these!

Latin dance competitions.... scary sometimes. My old school friend used to be a photographer for such events and some of the pictures :shok: she accidently took during unfortunate moves. One dancers was wearing a g-string and some bits were sticking out, yuk!

LuLu

Speaking from experience they do not need to dress like the following boobs popping out the side and ass hanging out all stripper like especially if they want to be taken seriously in the olympics.

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

They can dress like the following which is athletic not burlesquey/strippery

Stripper-Inspired Olympic Sport? - Hollywood Street King - Zimbio

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

Even this is ok

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

All My Friends! I'm Inviting You To My Party! I am This Much away from Level 20. It's Time To Throw A Rave Party!!!!!! - Page 3

using different cloth and such is fine but dressing like a stripper for an olympic sport in a gstring/thong and bikini top is NOT needed to pole.