Thread: Arab prophecy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arab prophecy

Ninety-four years ago, on December 9, 1917, Turkish Jerusalem surrendered to the British, and after much searching I have finally found some Internet verification of a story that was told to me verbally in the 1990's about an Arab prophecy that was fulfilled. My repeated attempts to attach a link have failed but the curious may find it by googling the name Al Nebi (it was pronounced to me as all-NEE-bay).

The way I heard it went something like this. When the Nile flows into the Jordan the Turkish will be driven out of the Holy Land by a foreigner called Al Nebi. The information I found says that a verse from Isaiah was also fulfilled when the Brits opened a waterway into Palestine and the Turks surrendered Jerusalem, but it reads to me more like a self-fulfilling prophecy than a coincidence, with the Brits knowing of the prophecy beforehand and exploiting it to demoralize the Turks and encourage the Arabs.

And yet, I am still struck by the phonetic similarity between Al Nebi and the name of the British general who captured Jerusalem from the Turks. I was talking with this guy about World War 1, and he told me that he considered the British generals of that war to be a bunch of total military incompetents, except for that one who fought in the desert, but he couldn't remember his name.

I asked, "Allenby?"

And he said, "Yeah, that's the one." Then he told me about Al Nebi.

Al Nebi...........Allenby? Coincidence? I think not!

Post Thanks / Like

I found this article
    Notable Prophetic Coincidences « Professorjt2012's Blog
    I found this in a google search - it is a book. Looks like the whole book is online. Seems Allenby was known as Al nebi
    The Egyptian Expeditionary Force in World War I: A History of the ... - Google Books Resultbooks.google.com.au/books?isbn=0786448717...Michael J. Mortlock - 2010 - Biography & Autobiography - 302 pages
    Then again, “the prophet” in Arabic is Al Nebi, and General Allenby was known as Al Nebi by practically the entire native population. ...

The Egyptian Expeditionary Force in ... - Michael J. Mortlock - Google Books
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Mosaic. Once again you fixed it for me.

I could not get the link operable because the address for the notable coincidences article contained an additional character. I thought it was worldpress instead of wordpress. I still cannot copy and paste, and there is no preschool child around here to teach me how to do it, so I still have to type everything. It's humbling. By the time I identified the problem it was 6 AM and I needed sleep. I awoke to find that you provided the link and also links for the book. Thank you again very much.

I have noticed that in the aftermath of a horrible war a different world always emerges from the ashes, and I have sometimes wondered if the dance would ever have developed as it did without the First World War and the collapse of the Turkish Empire, but who knows? It's just one of those things that makes me go hmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thank you, Mosaic. Once again you fixed it for me.

I could not get the link operable because the address for the notable coincidences article contained an additional character. I thought it was worldpress instead of wordpress. I still cannot copy and paste, and there is no preschool child around here to teach me how to do it, so I still have to type everything. It's humbling. By the time I identified the problem it was 6 AM and I needed sleep. I awoke to find that you provided the link and also links for the book. Thank you again very much.

I have noticed that in the aftermath of a horrible war a different world always emerges from the ashes, and I have sometimes wondered if the dance would ever have developed as it did without the First World War and the collapse of the Turkish Empire, but who knows? It's just one of those things that makes me go hmmmm.
    Let me see if I can explain copy & paste for you
    Line your cursor up to the text you want to copy press the left button on your mouse & holding down the button slide your cursor /mouse along the text you want to copy until it is highlighted in blue or if it is an URL (the page you are on shows the URL at the top in the web browser) just click the URL and it will high light. now leave the text highlighted release the mouse button and press the keys Ctrl & C that will copy the highlighted area. now go to where you want to paste the copied text/URL and click your mouse to place the cursor in that area then press ctrl & v - that will paste the copied text where you want it. You can also highlight the text or URL and right click your mouse and a drop down menu will appear then you click copy, go to where you want to paste right click again and you'll see paste in the menu just click it.

I also found some youtube videos explaining and showing you how to. Here is one, but if you go to youtube itself you'll see lots of videos on how copy & paste etc. Hope that helps.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)