The 8 Most Important Lessons?

Shanazel

Good points, Anala. It's aways good to have feedback from students, whether they are mine or someone else's.

Over the years I've tried a lot of different approaches to teaching; some worked better than others. The syllbus approach with logical well-planned steps and so much time for drilling hip lifts and this many minutes for hand circles just made me crazy. To say the least, I am not a linear type of teacher. I have a general idea of what the evening's lesson will contain and I improvise from there.

Of course when winging a class it helps to have a few decades experience in classroom situations. ;)

Farasha Hanem

I've been reading this thread since it started, and have this thought about the illness thing: Being ill (whether the teacher is ill or the student) really doesn't have any bearing on the quality of the class, or the presence or lack of disorganization. However, illness can have quite an effect on one's attitude, as many here can attest. I can see how missing two weeks in a row can dampen anyone's enthusiasm, especially if the student himself/herself becomes ill. However, I get the feeling here that perhaps your daughter just isn't really that interested in bellydance. Now that's not a bad thing, not at all. If everyone were interested in the exact same thing, who would be the poets and writers, the painters, the scientists, the healers, or the musicians? This would be a very boring, one-sided place. ;)

If your daughter wants to become a bellydancer, she will, but she has to want it herself. :)

Last edited: