Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Subject: Re: Seasons Greetings!!!!!!!

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends and colleagues, but it is difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on his advice I wish to say the following :

Please accept with no obligation , implied or implicit , my best wishes for an environmentally conscious , socially responsible ,low stress , non addictive , gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious / secular persuasions and / or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all .

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2012 , but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great ( not to imply that the USA is necessarily greater than any other country ) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee .

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms :

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her / him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. The wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher .

Best Regards ( without prejudice )

Name withheld ( Privacy Act ).
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Your lawyer is a very wise "person" (*note: I did not imply or mention the gender of said lawyer in fear of being prosecuted for implying that one gender is wiser than the other - mind you I don't have a clue if said lawyer wears pink or blue or is even a human one) .... oh dear has this writer broken the rules by "colourising gender"

A very Merry *whatever* to you as well and hope you get lots of *whatever* you want from the genderless person who may or may not drop down your chimney
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I usually go with 'best wishes whatever you're celebrating this time of year.'

Post Thanks / Like

Funny post Shan!
    I loathe the saying 'Happy Holidays'..any normal person who gets a celebratory wish from another should be delighted and honored. Whatever holiday it is. Anyone who would be offended by someone offering holiday releated wishes needs medication or needs to quit "drinking the kool-aid", (imho). You always hear about some fire house forced to take down a nativity scene or one in a town square. This is cowering to someone's hate.

I must say this post did make me watch the Seinfeld "Festivus" episode..Happy Festivus everyone!lolz.

I know a very kind family who where born in Burma, they are political refugees and essentially escaped for their lives. They are a racially mixed couple, the man is South Asian and his wife is East Asian . I visited their house and they invited me to pray at the home temple. He had mostly Buddist and Hindu statues, and a few other ones too, including Jesus, Mary, and Santa. Seeing this kind of inclusion in his home says alot about him and his love for life and people. It was so touching it brought tears to my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

I love you, and your "lawyer", Shan.

Happy eggnog (spiked or not) season.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of yeard ago I had to go to the local Scout hut on a Sunday. I found that it had been transformed into a Sikh temple for their regular monthly prayer meeting. I was invited back for the meal at the end - and everyone including me was given a box of chocs for christmas.

It's often entirely in the mind of the bureaucrats (and sometimes fabricated by the newspapers) that any accomodation to other beliefs is required.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Virtual rep for you Shanazel!

i had already repped you for the old members greeting thread, so i cannot do this again now!!

The greeting card is great and permit me to translate this in Greek and use it in my facebook account (giving credit to you and your lawyer). You cannot imagine how many Happy New Year Cards i have destroyed because i intended them to non-christian friends and i, by habit, used to mention Christmas along with the new year wishes!! hahahahha! yes, it is impolite not considering that there are several cultures instead of the one you live in, on the other hand i am not in the political correctness movement at all!!

you made my evening! haahahaha!

Post Thanks / Like

Use it at will; it is not original with me, alas, but came to me via e-mail. Glad I made your evening and Merry Christmas to you.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

New York out in the 'burbs of Lungh Eylund
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Season's Greetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Shani wishing you and your family (both 2 and 4 leggers) a happy healthy and joyous December and early January Holiday Celebrating Months. Love Creaks

Post Thanks / Like

I like all the holidays, so I like "Happy Holidays."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast