Hi!

SeeJaneDance

I've been lurking around here and finally created a profile. Up until recently, I was a perpetual beginner. I've taken lessons off and on (as finances allow) since 2005, but I've just recently managed to stay with it enough to graduate into some more advanced classes, and start to feel like "Hey, I can dance!". I've made some really wonderful friends through the studio now, and I fully intend to stick with it and get to a point, at least, where I can dance for friends and family and not embarrass myself. Also, my biggest passion in life is sewing, so the idea of making costumes for myself is a great motivator. Anyway, like I said, I've read a bunch of this forum already, and you guys are a terrific source for information and inspiration, so I just wanted to say thanks, and hi!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Glad you have decided to "de-lurk" - It is much friendlier on the inside:D Hopefully one day we will get see some of the costumes you end up making, there are quite a few sewers here and we love to see their creations.
~Mosaic

Shanazel

Welcome! Always glad to have another costume maker on board. Mosaic, maybe you'd better call us sewists or something- sewers sounds fine when spoken but in print all I can think of are the things that lead away from the bathrooms of the world. :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome! Always glad to have another costume maker on board. Mosaic, maybe you'd better call us sewists or something- sewers sounds fine when spoken but in print all I can think of are the things that lead away from the bathrooms of the world. :D
:lol: sewers oops!- very bad English on my part, seamstresses would be the correct word, I will have to call myself a stitcherupperer due to my very haphazard sewing skills. I only do it when I have too. I don't have any creative bones in my body when it comes to sewing:D
~Mosaic

SeeJaneDance

Aw, I knew I would like it here! I moderate a sewing board on another forum, and this is the line I have in my signature: Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing!

I'm excited to jump in here!