Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

amazon.com wish lists and facebook. Works wonders!

Post Thanks / Like

Bellydance flare pants and a green hip scarf from my momma!!

I think I've gotten one hip scarf per gift-giving-occasion since I started bellydance, actually

Post Thanks / Like

No BD-related presents apart from Aunt Rocky's book which was my present to myself . But in the usual pre-Christmas tidying up (frantically collecting things from downstairs and moving them all upstairs thereby negating all the work I'd done trying to clear upstairs...) I found a surprisingly large collection of belly dance DVDs which I'd forgotten I had.

Post Thanks / Like

My beloved husband asked for a list, and then dutifully followed it. He generously gave me the rhinestone studded Capezio dance paws I wanted, the VERY full 25 yard cotton skirt (in turquoise) from bellydance.com, and a ring and a necklace set from Shiny Sparkly Things! He held off on magazine subscriptions / renewals to Chronicles and Zaghereet until he saw what the rest of the fam got me.

But, the thing I am most looking forward to is that because I gave HIM a new laptop for Christmas, he gave me his old powerbook to use as a flatscreen DVD player for my studio! Now I can tackle that DVD collection in front of a mirror!!!!!

He is pretty happy with the MacBook Air he got in exchange.

Post Thanks / Like

My hubby wanted to know what non-bellydance gifts I wanted.

In the end I got some awesome (sorta) bellydance-themed gifts - a new digital camera from my hubby & a canvas print of one of my studio photos (with wings) from my sister.

From myself I got the Aunt Rocky book (and a nice little conversation about our shared heritage with her via email - SQUEE!!).

Non-xmas but recent gifts of bellydance awesomeness are the two huge shelves for my dance room (now I can store my bd books, cds & dvds in something OTHER than boxes!) and the old tv & dvd player & the stand they were on for the same (since we just bought a huge new LCD tv for the lounge).
    Last edited by Darshiva; 01-01-2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: how I missed that typo I'll never know!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice haul Darshiva I am loving Morocco's book. I also have been having a lovely email conversation with her, she is a really nice & very interesting lady.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12