My baby is here!

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Hi everybody!! I've missed you all so much!! My little man (and the holidays) have taken up most of my time over the last few weeks, so I haven't been able to read the forums, but I wanted to let everybody know that Mom and Baby are doing great!

My baby boy, Dorian Alaric Stewart, was born Nov. 6 at 1:49 am (actually 2:49 but we had daylight saving time change that night) at 6 pounds 15 ounces, and he was 20" long. We did actually have him at the hospital (instead of at home) but we were able to have a "natural" unmedicated child birth, which is what I wanted. He had minor respiratory issues when he was born, since he'd managed to get the cord wrapped around his neck, but they got him out without resorting to a C-section, and after a few minutes he was fine :)

If somebody can tell me how to post pictures in the forum, I'll post some of him, but otherwise, I'm Amanda Aziyade on facebook, and I have about a million pics of him there :) Friend me if we aren't already friends and you want to see him :)

It will be a couple of weeks before I'm back to stalking the internet, but I can't wait to get back to the forums!! I have missed you all so much!!

HUGS!!!!
:) Amanda

PracticalDancer

Welcome, little Dorian! And, welcome back, Aziyade -- we will always be here for you, so feel FREE to spend as much time with your little one as you want. They do grow so fast!!!

Mosaic

Super Moderator

Wonderful news, enjoy every precious moment, they really do grow up fast

As for inserting pics, at the top of the reply window you will see a little yellow mountain icon, click it and a small box will open place the URL of the photo in there and click OK the pic should appear in your post. Alternatively scroll to the bottom of the page when you open the reply window and you'll see attach files, click manage attachments and a window will open allowing you to upload from your computer, they will appear in your post as thumbnails which when clicked open into larger pics, but there is a size limitation for uploads.

Once again huge congrats on the safe arrival of your little man.
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG hugs to you and little Dorian! :D I'm so glad you're both doing well. What a wonderful gift this time of year! <3<3<3 Bless you both! <3<3<3<3<3

Yame

Welcome back... we missed you, too!
Glad to hear you had a healthy and successful birthing and that your baby is doing well!

Habibi L'amour

Congratulations!! The daughter of one of the belly dance teachers at my dance school had her second baby two days before Christmas, he was a boy too :).....YAY for Christmas babies