Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Mew Year 2012

Have lots of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

May it be a good one for all
    In this part of the world we are on countdown - less than 10 hours to go

~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

happy 2012 dev!....and to all bellydancers ,and loved ones!!!!! may this year bring you many healthy hipdrops ,love and happyness hugzzzzzzzzzz everybody

Post Thanks / Like

HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! Hope the year is filled with great dancing and great opportunities too!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy New Year!

2012 already? How did that happen?

Had a great party last night (why am I awake already?) at a friend's who knew lots of musos. They would come together in various combinations and play for 30 minutes or so then reform. At one point someone wandered off the floor and added a blues harmonica to a number; when someone yelled request the band said they'd need a second guitar for that one and waved a spare one at the auidence looking for a taker.

Good old rock, blues, and a little jazz (not too mich in the later part of the party as people wanted to dance); Gloria, Pinball WIzard, Last Dance for Mary Jane, Sweet Jane etc etc - yep we were mostly oldies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    2012 already? How did that happen?

Had a great party last night (why am I awake already?) at a friend's who knew lots of musos. They would come together in various combinations and play for 30 minutes or so then reform. At one point someone wandered off the floor and added a blues harmonica to a number; when someone yelled request the band said they'd need a second guitar for that one and waved a spare one at the auidence looking for a taker.

Good old rock, blues, and a little jazz (not too mich in the later part of the party as people wanted to dance); Gloria, Pinball WIzard, Last Dance for Mary Jane, Sweet Jane etc etc - yep we were mostly oldies.
    Sounds like a great night night Kashmir - as for being 2012, it is quite a shock to the system, someone put our blue ball in the universe on fast forward I'm sure!

Ours was an oldies evening as well - all our teen kids for the first time were not with us, but either out partying with their cool friends, or travelling in far flung places of the world, while we cool older & wiser folk gathered together to wonder where the years had gone then took a walk down down hill ( easy going down) to watch all the pretty fireworks on the Yarra River in Melbourne - but then we had to trek back up hill home again (not as easy as coming down) - but we all got back in one piece
    ~Mosaic
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

New Year's Eve is now officially First Night in my hometown. From 5:00 to 10:00 pm the downtown area is the scene of a number of presentations from singers to acrobats to improv comedy, plus food and other fun things to do with one's family. At 10:00 fireworks ended the evening. I was part of the improv group, something I have never done before, never expected to do, but enjoyed anyway. We had a cast party afterwards and had a lovely time. I managed to stay well for the evening but spent all New Years Day in bed with the crud that is making its rounds of the county- no, not a hangover; I don't drink.

Happy New Year, everyone.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

It's not too late to wish everyone happiness, fun and love this year

(Love the cats' duet, Dev. Cats really can sing in harmony. I was moving house, driving 350 km with my two cats in the car beside me. At the start it was a cacophany; by the end of the trip they were singing as sweetly together as those boys!)

Post Thanks / Like

Happy mew year from me as well.

--
    Daim.