Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin So Happy to Have Found You All!!!

Hi, I go by Jay and I have been intrigue with belly dancing before I could even read. Can't say I know how to dance but I love watching you belly dancers and love the music. No matter what type of belly dancing it is; it's still beautiful to me.

I know one day when I have time on my hands I will try and take lessons. I'm 30 years old so I need to pick something up to keep my body from going down heel also

Can't wait to read all your tips and advise to learn the ropes.

Oh, and HaPpY NeW YeArS!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. Hope you find that spare time soon - I am sure you'll love the dance even more once you get some lessons under your hip belt
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm going through post here and boy do I need to catch up on some of the vocabulary here.

Is there a belly dance dictionary so I can know what moves are what?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm going through post here and boy do I need to catch up on some of the vocabulary here.

Is there a belly dance dictionary so I can know what moves are what?
    It is very difficult to have a dictionary as what one person calls a movement can be called something else by another. But there have been a few attempts at naming steps/movements by various dancers. Do a google search. Just reading the names won't really tell you how to do them though.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, there! After your google search, do a youtube search! It helps a lot if you can see the moves done, since a lot of the bits of them can sound similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'm going to do my research.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. Always happy to meet someone new!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Always happy to meet someone new!
    Thank you for the welcome

Love reading all the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    Hi, I go by Jay and I have been intrigue with belly dancing before I could even read. Can't say I know how to dance but I love watching you belly dancers and love the music. No matter what type of belly dancing it is; it's still beautiful to me.

I know one day when I have time on my hands I will try and take lessons. I'm 30 years old so I need to pick something up to keep my body from going down heel also

Can't wait to read all your tips and advise to learn the ropes.

Oh, and HaPpY NeW YeArS!!!!!!!!
    Hi jjj, I am going to be 30 years old this year, too
    I learn two types of belly dance. One is oriental style because we can be really feminine in this style, the other is tribal fusion so that I can embody strength of women from it.

I wish you had nice new year, too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sasa View Post
    Hi jjj, I am going to be 30 years old this year, too
    I learn two types of belly dance. One is oriental style because we can be really feminine in this style, the other is tribal fusion so that I can embody strength of women from it.

I wish you had nice new year, too!
    Is their a difference between Oriental and Egyptian? Sorry if that's a dumb question but it's all very confusing to me. I understand Fusion is a mix of something with belly moves. But I don't really understand the other types differences. I want to find a style so I can know what dvd to purchase and then find a class suitable for me. I like the fusion and the gothic style but I really like the traditional belly dance. I just don't know what's what even after reading alot of post.

Just to add, I'm doing this for me. Not planning on performing, well maybe show off one day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast