Post Thanks / Like

Default Belly Dance on What Not to Wear

Did anybody see the recently aired episode of What Not to Wear featuring the woman who takes belly dance?

There was a brief view of her class/troupe...they introduced Stacey and Clinton...who came out with the belly dancers. It was funny...Clinton had no clue what to do...so he started doing hip hop dance...to traditional Middle Eastern music they were playing for the belly dance performance. ..for "some strange reason"...it didn't go together so well....wasn't a very good hip hop dance

Post Thanks / Like

As long as they weren't trying to critique and tweak her costumes. Everyone they dress ends up looking pretty much like everyone else they've ever dressed. Imagine a bedlah with pointy-toed heels and a nice hip skimming silhouette in a snappy modern print with a fun handbag...
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha! Thats what I thought at the beginning too.."I hope they don't critique the costumes, because belly dance costumes aren't supposed to look like anyone's everyday clothes." But they didn't...they stuck to her everyday clothes.

And you're right...I like the show...but they do seem a bit "stuck in a rut" with the styles, don't they? I also just cannot wear my jackets as short or as tight as they recommend. I'm only five four...rounding up...far from tall..but I have a very long waist, so I order my suit jackets from JCPenney in "tall" just to get that extra inch in length and make them hit at my lower hips and not my upper hips....and I get the same size as my shirts..not anything small enough to go so tight across my bust and stomach like some of their clients' jackets fit. I tried that years ago when I first saw the show and I looked like a stuffed turkey.

But then...I doubt Stacey and Clinton would approve of my couponning project wardrobe