Didem costumes slideshow

Amulya

They are not my taste, too bare and I'm not that fond of the designs either. Who is her costumer?

Darshiva

She does go for the mimimalist approach to costuming, doesn't she? It seems to be a Turkish stylisation (although Dina is certainly heading down that road too, so who's to judge?!)

I like some of the colours and designs she favours, although I would personally go for something a little higher on the hip - that's just me though. ;)

gisela

Super Moderator
I think they are gorgeous! She has great sense of style. Most of her costumes are made by Bella but I saw some other designs as well.

SeeJaneDance

I like approximately a third of them, in theory... I don't think the demi-cup bra does her any favors...I mean, I get where she's going with it, I just don't think it's flattering. It would be better suited to a much smaller busted dancer. I also like the fuller circle skirts better on her. The costumes I was drawn to had a more classic shape and style to them and had bright colors (there was an orange/gold number that just didn't suit her skin tone--the orange was great, but the nude/gold was a little too nude and not enough gold). The very colorful blue/green/red one toward the end is definitely my favorite.

Sirène

I like some of the colours and designs she favours, although I would personally go for something a little higher on the hip - that's just me though. ;)

I think part of the reason she wears her skirt so low is to add curve. She's very slim and I think if the skirt were higher her torso would look striaght.

@gisela:
I thought Bella did all her costuming, who are some of the other designers?

Shanazel

Not my favorite set of costumes. Demi-cups are meant for demi-boobs. Shoving larger boobs into this position and shape suggests, "Yes, these are my real breasts, bought and paid for." A lot of the white bras looked like lingerie; not nearly enough decoration to pull them out of the Playtex category.

And I've got to say it: the splits have no place in belly dance and I don't care if Diadem does come from the culture that originally produced belly dance.

Last edited:

Amulya

They could be Bella's even if they don't look like them, because Bella does custom orders and you can design your own costumes.

Suzanne Azhaar

Ah to be so young and beautiful (Didem). Costumes appeared beautiful on her. A few reminiscent of lingerie, much of it minimalist, a couple au courant, but all elegant on her.

jjj

I think part of the reason she wears her skirt so low is to add curve. She's very slim and I think if the skirt were higher her torso would look striaght.

@gisela:
I thought Bella did all her costuming, who are some of the other designers?

I agree, I'm extremely skinny myself with not much curve in the waist and the only way to show curve is to show my hip bone. Sad but true.

The bra she has are made for women with boobies whether man made are real. I'm small on top and I can assure you those bras will not fit me correctly.

I think her costumes are revealing but she doesn't really have much to hide so I think the outfits suit her nicely. If a curvy women would wear something like that it would really be considered provocative. But hey, this is a sexy dance ;)

KestrelAradia

:lol:I like some of the costumes but hate how they're fitted. It's really hard to watch her perform when I'm worried about her having a wardrobe malfunction.

But most of the costumes in and of themselves are pretty great.

I agree, I'm extremely skinny myself with not much curve in the waist and the only way to show curve is to show my hip bone. Sad but true.

The bra she has are made for women with boobies whether man made are real. I'm small on top and I can assure you those bras will not fit me correctly.

I think her costumes are revealing but she doesn't really have much to hide so I think the outfits suit her nicely. If a curvy women would wear something like that it would really be considered provocative. But hey, this is a sexy dance ;)

I do agree about wearing low skirts to emphasize your curves. Obviously those bras would not someone of a smaller chest size:lol:
BUT demi- bras are meant for women of smaller cup sizes, smaller cup would make the breast seem larger. The way Didem wears it makes it seems as though she's spilling out.

On another note, I strongly disagree about Bellydance being a "sexy dance"
Sure it has some sexy aspects ans sure you can make it sexy but calling it a "sexy dance" is too broad and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But anywho that's off topic and I already gave my two cents:rolleyes:

xfiendfyre

Those are all beautiful costumes, just not my style. I really love the one at 1:23 though, that one's my favorite. Since I'm very busty myself, I tend to not like the costumes that emphasize & show off the boobies... mostly because I just can't imagine anyone being comfortable dancing like that :lol: I personally think it distracts from the dance (and not in a good way) when there are these giant things jiggling away on your chest. Just my opinion!!

jjj

:lol:I like some of the costumes but hate how they're fitted. It's really hard to watch her perform when I'm worried about her having a wardrobe malfunction.

But most of the costumes in and of themselves are pretty great.

I do agree about wearing low skirts to emphasize your curves. Obviously those bras would not someone of a smaller chest size:lol:
BUT demi- bras are meant for women of smaller cup sizes, smaller cup would make the breast seem larger. The way Didem wears it makes it seems as though she's spilling out.

On another note, I strongly disagree about Bellydance being a "sexy dance"
Sure it has some sexy aspects ans sure you can make it sexy but calling it a "sexy dance" is too broad and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But anywho that's off topic and I already gave my two cents:rolleyes:

Yes, I know it's a touchy subject now that I read some other threads. I think it can be sexy as well as very family entertainment. It all depends on the dancer. Pardon me for saying it's a sexy dance I should have said can be a sexy dance. I wrote that before knowing many got offended.

I think I need demi-bras to deceive a few on lookers :lol:

walladah

THe blue and the black costumes are really

very beautiful, maybe because they do not show that much flesh, or maybe because their skirt is not transparent, so the contrast with the naked flesh is much more intense - or maybe those are the best colours for Didem.

THe rest, well, most of them are nice, though not my style - some of them are too naked to be seductive and i would not wear them not even if i was Didem.

charlieL

very beautiful, maybe because they do not show that much flesh, or maybe because their skirt is not transparent, so the contrast with the naked flesh is much more intense - or maybe those are the best colours for Didem.

THe rest, well, most of them are nice, though not my style - some of them are too naked to be seductive and i would not wear them not even if i was Didem.

I like most of those costumes.
Dancing Roman havasi in a flokoric costume:

Didem Turkish Bellydancer Roman Havasi - YouTube

A covered costume

Turkish Belly Dancer - Didem 111 - YouTube