Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be worth your while listing in the Marketplace. I have all the ones I want from your collection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    It might be worth your while listing in the Marketplace. I have all the ones I want from your collection.
    Wow! Your collection must be truly amazing!

And thank you for the heads up. I'll get a pricelist together and put it up in Marketplace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habiba View Post
    Wow! Your collection must be truly amazing!

And thank you for the heads up. I'll get a pricelist together and put it up in Marketplace.
    How much are you selling Abs-olutely Fabulous with Princess Farhana for?

Darshiva you sure have a HUGE collection - I have a measly 70 or so. Just recently added Amira's Khaleegy ( thanks to you putting me in touch with Zahira) I also added Carrie Konya's Tribaret & Belladonna's Sword Stylization as it was the only Sword one I could find.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Oh, my. I am struggling with feelings of inadequacy. I only have 5 dvds and only two of those are how-tos. I had two more (including Dolphina ) but put them in the goodies box that went around the US a couple of years ago.

Jenna's Heartbeat of Belly Dance and Belly Dance Basics and Beyond remain.
    No need to have feelings of inadequacy, Shanazel. It isn't the quantity, but quality that matters - i.e. how good they are and how you use them.

Would you prefer to have a lot of DVDs that doesn't get used or have only a few good ones that you actually use/watch once in a while?
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sirčne View Post
    I'm a few days... ok, almost two weeks late, but with Mosaic's approval I'm starting a new thread for instructional dvds/videos.

Here's my in-dire-need-of-culling collection :

(Actually, there are at least two WDNY videos missing, my mother has them .)

I probably have enough videos to do a different one every day for a month, however, what usually happens is I pick one or two and work them to death.

Current rotation (time permitting ):
    • Shape Up and Hip Out (Jillina, workout)
    • Belly by Sandra Vol. 2 (technique/drilling)
    • Bellydance Egyptian Style, The Baladi (Ranya Renee, technique/lecture)
    • Instructional Bellydance with Jillina Vol. 1 (choreography)

ETA: ...aaaand I just realized I carried over the typo in the title
    I just got Ranya's Baladi DVD myself and I LOVE it! She is great. I especially love the drills and the looped music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    No need to have feelings of inadequacy, Shanazel. It isn't the quantity, but quality that matters - i.e. how good they are and how you use them.

Would you prefer to have a lot of DVDs that doesn't get used or have only a few good ones that you actually use/watch once in a while?
    Ah, well, the feeling was fleeting. I don't have anything to play dvds on which is part of the reason I don't have many. I thought my computer was set up to play dvds but so far I haven't figured it out.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have very many, but I'm slowly building up my collection.

I have:

1) Bellydance for Beginners (with Leila)
    2) Bellydance for Fitness and Health (with Kelli Marie)
    3) Bellydance Basics and Beyond (with Jenna)
    4) Sadie's Complete Bellydance Guide
    5) Amira's Bellydance 101

My favorites are Sadie's and Leila's. I love the way Leila explains the movements, and the way that Sadie makes you drill them!

What are some other must-haves that I should look into getting?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my collection.

The "Bellydance One-on-One" on the end is actually on loan from someone else. The two black folders on the end have CD's of music that I threw the cases away and DVD's of local hafla's and student showcases.

I HAVE NOT USED ALL THE DVD's. I wish I had but several of them have been purchased to use between classes at a time I had the money to invest and I haven't gotten to them yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried several DVDs, but the only one I've invested in to keep is Serpentine. I like the yoga, and I like the drills. It's more advanced than where I am, but I'm definitely growing with it. I really want to pick up a couple of Sadie's dvds permanently, because I love her teaching style.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a large handful (keeping it to that for now since I can't always find the time for the ones I do own), but the 3 I'm finding I get the most use out of:

Michelle Joyce's Killer Ziller
    Raqy and Jenna's Heartbeat of BellyDance
    Ansuya's Lavish Layers

I like to use pops and locks, so I'll probably buy some of Sadie/Kaya's DVDs. I'm lucky enough that they're currently my teachers, and they KILL us with the warm ups and drills! I'm sore 3 days after class. Every week.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast