Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by astro_girl View Post
    I like to use pops and locks, so I'll probably buy some of Sadie/Kaya's DVDs. I'm lucky enough that they're currently my teachers, and they KILL us with the warm ups and drills! I'm sore 3 days after class. Every week.
    If pop & lock is a technique you like, you may want to consider Elisheva's Tribal Fusion Bellydance - Pop & Lock dvd. She knows her stuff, explains it in a clear manner, and then drills, drills, drills.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'll check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirčne View Post
    If pop & lock is a technique you like, you may want to consider Elisheva's Tribal Fusion Bellydance - Pop & Lock dvd. She knows her stuff, explains it in a clear manner, and then drills, drills, drills.

Post Thanks / Like

I got Leila Of Cairo's begginers Bellydance DVD a week ago and I can already say this is the best DVD for Bellydance I own, Leila is an amazing teacher. Other ones I have are:

Veena and Neena Bellydance Fitness for Begginers
    Bellydance fitness for weightloss set with Rania
    Veena and Neena Basic Belly Dance
    Discover BellyDance Veena&Neena
    Some homemade tribal bellydance dvd
    Luscious - The Bellydance Workout for Beginners

I really don't have that many but I really want to get more.

Other dance dvds I have that aren't really bellydance are:
    All of Hemalayaa's dvds, I absoutly love this girl. I have all her yoga dvds, the kama sutra dance one, beautiful belly and all the bollywood ones. Her videos aren't authentic classical Indian dancing but her dancing is a lot of fun!

Sarina Jain dvd, she is awesome if you want to learn Bhangra.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am building collection this year

Ok so far I love my Habiba Quick Start. Also loving Keit's 1001 moves. Not so loving od Jehan's Sacred. Can not get over her swayback or not much break down. Also have Hearbeat which is a keeper and Corefittness which I use alot for slow practice.

Got about 5 more to buy this month. Just do not tell hubby.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there a thread on here for people who wanted to actively work on DVDs together?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    Wasn't there a thread on here for people who wanted to actively work on DVDs together?
    Find it and point me to it!

I haven't counted my vids, but I did a rough estimate of all my dance and workout DVDs the other day -- most of which are bellydance. I think I could do a different one each day for a year. Yes, I have a problem.

And that doesn't count the 20-30 VHS bellydance vids... which are a problem because I no longer have a tv. (I use my computer for all the DVDs.) What to do?

The one thing that really helped me focus and use the videos more frequently has been blogging about it. (atisheh: dance and fitness views and reviews) For some reason, having a blog gives me a sort of imagined community for dancing -- I say "imagined," because most people who come to the blog don't comment! But somehow, feeling that someone is out there and might possibly be interested makes me more likely to do the stuff. But a thread would be cool too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atisheh View Post
    Find it and point me to it!
    I'm pretty sure we did but this was the only one I could find, http://bellydanceforums.net/other-da...ctice-log.html, and it's not just for DVDs. Why not just start a new one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm pretty sure we did but this was the only one I could find, http://bellydanceforums.net/other-da...ctice-log.html, and it's not just for DVDs. Why not just start a new one?
    I want in on this. I'm trying to get back in dance shape post-baby and i need ll the drilling i can get!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post
    I want in on this. I'm trying to get back in dance shape post-baby and i need ll the drilling i can get!!
    Ha! I will need it soon for the same reasons... maybe we should start a new thread. But what's a good way to do it, rather than just saying, "I did this today"? For me, that often just makes me less motivated, not more...

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in too. I need something to motivate me to practice between classes.

Maybe instead of just saying "I did it" what if we also say (opt) what DVD we're using and how it's working or not for us and why?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast