Ladies, has laundry lost its glamour?

PracticalDancer

It has potential, but I doubt it will attain this status: LILEKS (James) Gallery of Regrettable Food

WARNING: Do not attempt to consume liquids while viewing this site; damage to keyboard may occur. Do not read extensively over long periods, as loss of appetite may occur.

Benefits of site viewing include abdominal toning from prolonged laughter and enhancement of facial muscular structures.

I warned you! ;)

Suzanne Azhaar

Whoa.... Don't eat oatmeal while reading Gallery of Regrettable food. So many unappealing puce green photos containing meat; rack of lamb is cancelled. We will be eating a large salad for dinner.

Aniseteph

I refuse to believe laundry ever had any glamour, ever. Unless you were lying on your chaise longue in a tea gown telling your ladies maid to go easy on the starch in your underthings.

Shanazel

The first time my lady's maid puts starch in my underthings she is history, toast, yesterday's news, fired, axed, gone.

Starched panties... imagine. :shok:

PracticalDancer

I still remember that one time I REALLY offended someone: I was in my early 20's and working retail, selling lingerie. There was a rather dignified woman (and, if you are familiar with Southern culture, this *is* relevant -- she was a black woman who must have been in her fifties), who was concerned about buying new bras because "they just didn't hold up like they used to." I asked how she cared for them, and when she responded, I said, "Oh, ma'am, ironing them will damage the fabric. Spandex wasn't meant to be ironed."

She got a hard look in her eyes, one that came from years of defending her dignity.

"My Momma reared me right, and I always iron my underwear."

In one small sentence, I had managed to offend her on multiple levels, without ever meaning to.

Still resonates with me, some 20 years later . . .

Aniseteph

The first time my lady's maid puts starch in my underthings she is history, toast, yesterday's news, fired, axed, gone.

Starched panties... imagine. :shok:

I don't know what things are coming to, people wandering about with unstarched undies... still, what can one expect from <lowers voice in case anyone is listening> belly dancers. :shok: ;)

Wow, ironing bras, now that is impressive.

Shanazel

At my house if it comes out of the dryer needing to be ironed it gets ironed once before being sent to the consignment shop.

Habibi L'amour

LOL glamourous ironing! I thought these books, also in the Weird section (just scroll down), sounded funny too:
Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News With Baby Animals
Squids Will Be Squids
The Practical Pyromaniac
Bodybuilders In Tutus
Electricity In Gynecology
Whose Bottom Is This?
So You Want To Be A Shaman
The Radiation Recipe Book
Anybody Can Be Cool...But Awesome Takes Practice
Liberace: Your Personal Fashion Consultant

Bast

It has potential, but I doubt it will attain this status: LILEKS (James) Gallery of Regrettable Food

WARNING: Do not attempt to consume liquids while viewing this site; damage to keyboard may occur. Do not read extensively over long periods, as loss of appetite may occur.

Benefits of site viewing include abdominal toning from prolonged laughter and enhancement of facial muscular structures.

I warned you! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
Thanks for the warning, just as well as listened.
Cross dressing veggies were my favourite.

Safran

LOL glamourous ironing! I thought these books, also in the Weird section (just scroll down), sounded funny too:
Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News With Baby Animals
Squids Will Be Squids
The Practical Pyromaniac
Bodybuilders In Tutus
Electricity In Gynecology
Whose Bottom Is This?
So You Want To Be A Shaman
The Radiation Recipe Book
Anybody Can Be Cool...But Awesome Takes Practice
Liberace: Your Personal Fashion Consultant

I was thinking of the same thing - quite some reading list here :)

Laundry has lost it's glamour?

What? Laundry will never lose it's glamour, I adore laundry, the more used the better. I find a nice roll and nap in laundry to be the high point of my day. :D (typed but not read) Deke the Emperor of the Universe, Overlord of Cuteness and All Around Lump of Cat Perfection. (typed by my opposeable thumbed minion Creaks)

LadyLoba

I also do not iron. I wash my clothes in cold, air dry them indoors (too much dust outside most days), then hang them in the closet. It keeps them looking brand new. If something gets inadvertantly wrinkled..I hang it in the bathroom while Im in the shower. If I accidently bought something that absolutely would not smooth out when it air dried...I also would be taking it to the thrift store. Though I have heard of the ladies in days past ironing absolutely everything, including undergarmets.