What's the difference between these 2 DVDs?

xfiendfyre

I've only used Sadie's Complete Bellydance guide and I love it.

While Sadie is not my favorite bellydancer, I really love this instructional DVD.

The warmup that she has in the beginning of the video is actually a really good workout in itself. Throughout the instruction, she constantly reminds you to check your position (because we all, at least in the beginning, start slipping out of it from time to time without realizing) and she also provides you with good analogies and lets you know what to watch out for. Also, she DRILLS you on them, which is something a lot of DVDs seem to lack. I really like the guided drilling that I get on this DVD, and I truly think that it helps. In addition to the basic movements, she also introduces more advanced forms of it that you can try after you've mastered the basic move. I looked on Amazon and it seems like Ultimate Bellydance is more for intermediate/advanced dancers whereas the Complete Bellydance Guide is for beginners. So I suppose it really depends on your skill level. You probably want the Ultimate Bellydance dvd based on your experience, I just described the Complete Bellydance Guide in the hopes that it'll give you an idea of what her teaching style is.

astro_girl

Thank you! I did see both of these reviews before posting on here, but for one of the dvd's that reviewer was the only feedback, and I like to hear a variety of opinions. What I did not get from the feedback was your last line...individual vs. layering, so this is helpful...thanks! :)

Two Amazon reviewers posted a detailed listing of the contents:

Amazon.com: Le Monde "Le Monde"'s review of Sadie: Ultimate Bellydance

Amazon.com: Ms. 2Step's review of Sadie's Complete Bellydance Guide

Essentially, Complete teaches individual movements, and Ultimate has you layer them.