Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Hi! Newbie from Mexico

Hello everyone! I'm a long time lurker but first time poster in here.

I took classes for around 8 months 2 years ago but had to stop. I've been practicing on my own since then but I have procrastinated a lot

So now that I want to be more consistent with my practices I decided to finally start being active in the forum and share the joy of being a bellydancer (or in the way to becoming one).

My english is not perfect yet so please bear with me.
    *hugs everyone*

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dann Glad you decided to "de-lurk". Don't worry about your English if you post is anything to go by it is fine, and we are a world wide family so there are many levels of written English.
    Look forward to your input.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Hola Dann!
    Welcome to the non-lurking world of our forum! :-P *hugs you back*
    Good luck in becoming a belly dancer! I myself am still a student but want to teach someday.

Post Thanks / Like

Bienvenidos a Oriental Dancer, Dann.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone :3

@Mosaic: actually, one of the things I like the most about this forum is the diversity in age, geographical location and cultural background. Everything becomes more fun and.. well, diverse xD

@Habibi L'amour: Let's study and practice a lot! I still don't know if I could teach someday but I want to become a pro

@Shanazel: ˇGracias!

Nice to meet you all!

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to meet you, too. We used to have a Spanish thread but most of our Spanish-speaking members drifted away. What style do you like best?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

That's sad, how long ago was the spanish part of the forum deleted?

At first I was fascinated by the power of Tribal style (Rachel Brice, Zoe Jakes) but gradually started liking subtle and traditional dances more so right now, I find Egyptian style really beautiful and in the folklore side I'm completely in love with Saidi.

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't deleted, it just sort of drifted away. I do miss spending an hour or two with a dictionary on my lap decoding the conversations therein.

Here's one of the old Spanish threads. I think the original disappeared when the forum got hacked in 2006.

http://bellydanceforums.net/off-topi...s-espanol.html
    Last edited by Shanazel; 02-01-2012 at 05:37 AM. Reason: add site

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you ever want to dust off that dictionary, you can tell me :3
    I love having mixed language conversations, I even speak spanglish with some of my friends and my sister lol (and I need some practice with bellydance terms in english because I still get confused a lot)

OMG I just noticed how many posts you have under your belt! O:

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. It's kind of embarassing to be so gabby (writey?) and those posts don't even reflect the several thousand I had before we got hacked a few years back. I've been coming around for maybe eight or ten years now.

I'll dust off the dictionary and see what I can do. I grew up on the border of Texas and Mexico and Spanish was a second language in our home. My dad spoke fluently, my brother does well, but I'm pretty hopeless anymore. My sister-in-law was born in Mexico City, grew up in Guadalajara, and is a native speaker. My niece understands more than she can speak. My own children hablan nada.