Hi! Newbie from Mexico

Dann

Hello everyone! I'm a long time lurker but first time poster in here.

I took classes for around 8 months 2 years ago but had to stop. I've been practicing on my own since then but I have procrastinated a lot :rolleyes:

So now that I want to be more consistent with my practices I decided to finally start being active in the forum and share the joy of being a bellydancer (or in the way to becoming one). :dance:

My english is not perfect yet so please bear with me.
*hugs everyone*

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Dann Glad you decided to "de-lurk". Don't worry about your English if you post is anything to go by it is fine, and we are a world wide family so there are many levels of written English.
Look forward to your input.
~Mosaic

Habibi L'amour

Hola Dann!
Welcome to the non-lurking world of our forum! :p *hugs you back* :yay:
Good luck in becoming a belly dancer! I myself am still a student but want to teach someday.

Dann

Thanks everyone :3

@Mosaic: actually, one of the things I like the most about this forum is the diversity in age, geographical location and cultural background. Everything becomes more fun and.. well, diverse xD

@Habibi L'amour: Let's study and practice a lot! I still don't know if I could teach someday but I want to become a pro :D

@Shanazel: ¡Gracias! :)

Nice to meet you all!

Shanazel

It's nice to meet you, too. We used to have a Spanish thread but most of our Spanish-speaking members drifted away. What style do you like best?

Dann

That's sad, how long ago was the spanish part of the forum deleted?

At first I was fascinated by the power of Tribal style (Rachel Brice, Zoe Jakes) but gradually started liking subtle and traditional dances more so right now, I find Egyptian style really beautiful and in the folklore side I'm completely in love with Saidi.

Dann

Well, if you ever want to dust off that dictionary, you can tell me :3
I love having mixed language conversations, I even speak spanglish with some of my friends and my sister lol (and I need some practice with bellydance terms in english because I still get confused a lot)

OMG I just noticed how many posts you have under your belt! O:

Shanazel

Yeah. It's kind of embarassing to be so gabby (writey?) and those posts don't even reflect the several thousand I had before we got hacked a few years back. I've been coming around for maybe eight or ten years now.

I'll dust off the dictionary and see what I can do. I grew up on the border of Texas and Mexico and Spanish was a second language in our home. My dad spoke fluently, my brother does well, but I'm pretty hopeless anymore. My sister-in-law was born in Mexico City, grew up in Guadalajara, and is a native speaker. My niece understands more than she can speak. My own children hablan nada. ;)