Hi from Vancouver ♡

nataliecloud9

Hi! My name is Natalie, and I have a confession;

I have always daydreamed that I was a professional belly dancer.
Sexy. Feminine. Mysterious and Exotic.
... Although, I have never ever belly danced before. :redface:

It has always been something I wanted to do, and now that I'm a new mom, with less and less time for myself - I decided I am going to MAKE time to learn. Even if it's at 1 in the morning. You only live once.

Now, I'm just watching YouTube videos and reading this forum to decide what style I want to do, and any other information I might need.

It's hard to chose the style I like. So that's where I'm stuck.
Once I chose a style, I will be looking for DVDs, so I can start learning at home.
Thank you for this forum and for inspiring me

Last edited:

Safran

Welcome to the forum Natalie!!! You will find lots of information on different styles here. And if you have any questions, go ahead and ask! However, if you figure out what style you want to start with (you can always add other styles later on ;), I suggest you start with a real-life teacher. It will make more sense than the DVDs at the beginning as you can ask the instructor additional questions and get corrected. How old is your baby? Maybe you can get even an hour a week for yourself for a class?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. I would have suggested what Safran has already advised. Getting the basics in class is so much better than DVDs, you can follow up with those. I would also suggest learning the classical styles first, e.g. Egyptian style, then look into choosing another style. Good luck on your dance journey, I am sure you are going to fall totally in love with the dance:D
~Mosaic

nataliecloud9

I believe you are right about taking classes before the DVDs. I would much prefer to take classes with an instructor.

I just hope I can find time to get out of the house. My baby is only 2 months old, so I was thinking about popping in a DVD when she was napping in the meantime.

HipShakeMama

Class in Vancouver

Hi,
Not sure what area of Vancouver you are in, but a wonderful teacher named Leona teaches a Mama and Baby Bellydance class at East Side Fitness on Fraser and 41st. I've been with my two year old, and it is pretty great.
I take Leona's class at Killarney Community Center every week but it was great to take a class in which I could bring my child to.

I'm also new to bellydance, I started in June last year. I really love it.

mimi walad

Hi,
Not sure what area of Vancouver you are in, but a wonderful teacher named Leona teaches a Mama and Baby Bellydance class at East Side Fitness on Fraser and 41st. I've been with my two year old, and it is pretty great.
I take Leona's class at Killarney Community Center every week but it was great to take a class in which I could bring my child to.

I'm also new to bellydance, I started in June last year. I really love it.

hey iam new also