Hello from Houston ;)

casper7

So I am new to belly dance and want to learn everything about it. I am currently taking lessons twice a week learning tribal fusion and ATS through Silvia Salamanca, but somehow I need more hehe:lol:. If she had more classes with different times I wouldn't need to go anywhere else but my schedule is crazy and I need options!!.. If any of you live in Houston please recommend teachers or studios! Thank youuuu

<3

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum & to the dance. Sounds like you are thoroughly addicted:D Hope you find the extra classes you seek.
~Mosaic

jjj

Hi!!!

I'm from H-town myself. Unfortunately I'm looking for a good teacher close to me and I'm a total beginner.

casper7

Mosaic- haha yess indeed......my bank account will never be the same! It is so worth it though.

jjj- oh really!? Have you started taking classes anywhere or found any good studios? I highly recommend Silvia Salamanca if you are into tribal style.

jjj

Mosaic- haha yess indeed......my bank account will never be the same! It is so worth it though.

jjj- oh really!? Have you started taking classes anywhere or found any good studios? I highly recommend Silvia Salamanca if you are into tribal style.

I would love to train with her but unfortunately she's too far from me. If I had time I would not hesitate. I still haven't found one so I'm still searching for my first class.

geekgoddess

Hi ladies! I'm from H-town as well and have been taking classes from Sahira. She is REALLY awesome and dances with Silvia in Urban Gypsy. She teaches Egyptian style, however..

I've been taking lessons from her for a year now. She's located in the Heights and her classes are primarily on Wednesdays, but there are a few other options. You can message me if you'd like and I can send you some info if you're interested. :)

Also, her troupe Urban Gypsy teaches tribal classes at the same studio on Saturdays. (Sahira doesn't teach the tribal - other members of her troupe do)

jjj

Many of the teachers are in the Heights area :( I did read about Sahira and was very interested in her until I saw were she was located.

I love tribal but really want to learn Egyptian and take it from there.

geekgoddess

Many of the teachers are in the Heights area :( I did read about Sahira and was very interested in her until I saw were she was located.

I love tribal but really want to learn Egyptian and take it from there.

Whereabouts in Houston are you? Maybe I can point you in the right direction..

casper7

Oh yes I realllly reallly wanted to take the Saturday class but my job doesn't allow it :/ I only get Saturdays off once a month.. grrr. I have seen that Wed. class though and am contemplating on trying it out! I really love triball fusion though but I am sure any belly dance style is beneficial. Anyway have you ever been to Sirrom Studio? I am going there Thursday this week apparently that is where Sahira and many others have learned too. Do either of you know of any workshops coming up?