Being Overweight Did Not Stop Me From Belly Dancing

Taslin

I loved the blog entry! Argggh at that 1st teacher. Im glad you found the latter:D

I love seeing interviews where Rachel Brice talks about the first time she saw a belly dancer-and how the fact the woman was ample in size ,beautiful, and confident about her "jiggle" and states that this is what made her want to dance. The story must be important to her, because i remember her telling it during her workshop, she talk about how beautiful reverb is on those lucky dancers who can get it going. Her eyes pretty much light up,lol.

I love that belly dance is accessible to such a wide array. Women that are totally different in tons of ways can share in this dance, unlike some other dance forms.

atisheh

I love that belly dance is accessible to such a wide array. Women that are totally different in tons of ways can share in this dance, unlike some other dance forms.

Yes, me too! (And for this reason I also enjoyed reading the post.)

What I also love is that despite the body shapes that are more likely to help a dancer become pro or famous, it's not even a matter of "skinny women dance the best, while bigger women can also do it" or "young women dance the best, while older women can also do it." It's not that there's one type that will perform the movements best, and others that can aspire but never reach the same heights -- the dance can look different, but equally good, on different bodies. And when it comes to age, I won't even begin!

MistyDawnHips

Thank You

Thank you so much for reading and sharing my blog. If it help one person feel good about dancing no matter what size Im happy. i just wished someone had told me there was no need to be nervous. And if anyone in the Austin area wants to know what teacher I went to here is the link.
"Belly Dance with BAHAIA"

love you guys
Misty:D

MistyDawnHips

2000 Hits Thank you so much

Dear Fellow Hip Shakers
Once again thank you so much for reading my blog, I hit 2000 hits yesterday and Im so happy to find my story is something allot of other plus size belly dancers can relate to. The letters I receive have fill my heart with great joy and now I know I was meant to share it. Belly dance will always be apart of my life and the belly sisters I've meet forever my friends.

So now I am so proud to share with you a dear friend of my new venture. Let me start out by saying this, finding a hip scarf to fit around me is very hard. They never fit properly around me, coins disappear and even the scarf itself. My fellow belly sister Kahramana who sews costume and etc. knew my issues and come up with a new line of unique hip scarfs and I just love them. I wear the Goddess size and Im glad to say no more bunching or that weird what I liked to call dog tongue hanging out. I just had to share this ( she makes other sizes as well) Im so proud of her and they rock, please check them out.

Misty Dawn ..big-grin.:
Kahramana | Facebook
Kahramana Hip Things for Belly Dancers by Kahramana on Etsy

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Nice blog. I've added you to my follow list as well. I used to have a blog there but it got hacked and erased. :( I'll have to restart it now that I am focusing more on my exercise and dancing.