Happy day in Wilmington, North Carolina

Zandra&Zindor

Wow! When I started taking belly dance quite a few years ago, I never imagined I would have the opportunity to exchange ideas about our dance with people around the world! This is such a nice opportunity to make new friends.

I'm so amazed at the wonderful friends I've already made through belly dance. I've taken dance classes in Wilmington, NC, with Andrea Deagon for the last several years. I absolutely adore Andrea. She is also an amazing writer and I feel sure you will read her captivating novel about a belly dancer, soon! Andrea teaches the classics at our local university. She also writes about the history of belly dance. You can see interesting photos of belly dancers from the early 1900's on her website: http://people.uncw.edu/deagona/raqs/

Through Andrea, I made friends with Kelly Hawes who performs as Samra in Wilmington. When I met Kelly, I had no idea she was a professional artist long before she became a professional belly dancer. She has been painting belly dancers, mermaids and faeries for years. I felt so privileged when she painted a portrait of me as a goddess. You can see Kelly's art here: www.kellyhawes.com

There are big changes happening in my life right now, so I'm hoping these changes will provide me with even more time for belly dance and time for chatting on this forum!

I'm not a performer. I just dance because it makes me happy. I hope to make friends with other people who dance for joy.

Happy day to you,
Sandra

Zandra&Zindor

Hi, Yasimine.

Hi, Yasimine.

Thanks so much for responding.

I went to the website listed on your profile: Visions of the Nile Bellydance Homepage

The Visions of the Nile Harem Room is divine! Is this where you dance? Do you teach or take classes there? It must be so inspiring dancing in a room like that.

Happy day to you,
Zandra

Zandra&Zindor

Hi, Belly Taz.

Hi, Belly Taz.

I read your profile and found that you were from England. I enjoyed a couple of lovely visits there about 15 years ago, long before I took up belly dance. I especially loved the gardens and museums. I have such wonderful memories of those trips. Your country is so beautiful and interesting.

Thanks for writing to me.

Happy day to you,
Zandra

vinstones

Hi Zandra&Zindor,

Thats a nice avatar you have in your profile..

Welcome to the forum!