Sadie's Complete BD Guide

Ahava_Melantha

I just got this and I have very mixed thoughts on this.

At first, its great. she really does break things down. But then on some moves, if you don't feel it in your belly, you're doing it wrong? really? no muscle memory?

she also says, theres no "dead space" in music. That is so incorrect. I know for a fact, at least in Egyptian music you're not suppposed to hit EVERY single beat. :mad:

Her warm up is good. Her drills are gruesome. my body hurts. I am thinking that she Overthinks the whole muscles involved thing. I just don't think that I need to think that if my quads don't burn like hell, then I'm not doin a body roll right, y'know.

I am thinking that maybe another poster was right - only get dvds from ppl whos dancing you like.

iBellyDance

Sorry, what is ppl?

I have the DVD you are talking about and practiced with it. My teacher noticed improvement in my "camel" move and others, so it helped me.

Yame

If you like Egyptian style, Sadie is the wrong person to learn from. If you like her style, then of course go for it but judging by other posts you've made, Sadie's style isn't really your thing.

Her drills might still be useful, but I wouldn't recommend spending too much time on her unless this is the style you want to emulate.