Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi again,

Just wanted to say Tnx for Al the support.

I did it

Not 1 performance but 2
    It's even starting to feel a lot more normal ( still stress but les of it)
    Didn't even hate the vid. this time ( still strange to watch my self do)

So I just want to say to all girls doubting them selves out there :

"Just go for it You can do it !!!!"

Hugs M

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My teacher was reluctant to give feedback too

And she is a very tough teacher, actually, she is very tough during the lessons.

But she tries to be very mild concerning performances. At the beginning i thought this was something like "i do not want to tell you" or that i was so awful that it was impossible to comment on a creative way.

But she used to say "dancers evolve on stage", and that there is no use to critique them, as they will get better anyway.

So, accept my congratulations and lots of regards and keep dancing!

by the way: the good videos you will be producing from now on, will be good for some time only!

Try to watch them 6-12 months later, when you will be more mature in your dance knowledge and style, to find details that you can improve (if not improved anyway!!).

Post Thanks / Like

she used to say "dancers evolve on stage", and that there is no use to critique them, as they will get better anyway.
    What a smart- and kind-lady!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    Personally I require my students to do at least two short privates before they perform in a show. For some this is pretty much "yes, you are on track", but some need to make changes. I look at their interpretation - for instance, does their choreography and costume match their music choice? Are they trying technique beyond their current ability? Does the choreography look pleasing? I give their first feedback at least four weeks before performance so they have time to tweak if need be. Without this sort of feedback how can a student learn?
    Ahh, I wish my early teachers had taken this much interest in my performances! I had no guidance or advice at all for my first solo, and no feedback afterwards either. I suppose it didn't go too badly, considering...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12