I Dream of Gia NEWSFLASH!!!!

Shanazel

Gia is too modest to post this news on OD but she deserves recognition. She sent me the following information via e-mail today:

I was asked to help open the Bellydance Superstars Show when they arrive here in NJ next month!!!

A round of applause, please, for our dancing sister! :clap::clap::clap:

Sirène

Awesome!

I so wish I could attend... :(

Gia al Qamar

Shanazel is the most awesome dance sister to want to toot my horn for me!
Thank you so much for your cheers...it meant a GREAT deal to me to be asked amongst a state filled with very talented dancers to be one of a small handful asked to help open the show!
I have a beautiful new beledi dress...and an UBER dramatic, and heartfelt number that is being rehearsed...your warmth and support will help me dance my best...thank you!

MissVega

WOOO HOOOOO *DANCE PARTY*
That is fantastic news. Congratulations. How well deserved and exciting for you:):clap::dance:

Gia al Qamar

Shokran alf shokran habebtis!!!
The new dress is one of a kind...I designed it and had it made...it has less glitz and beading and more 'over all effect' which is what I like for this number...but...it won't be unveiled until showday!!! :p
The show is being held in a legit theater setting with proper lighting and such so I'm just delighted to be presenting my art in such a glorious manner!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

We want pictures! Video too!

I was actually going to email Gia privately about the new tattoo I'm getting this weekend - but now I'm not worthy to breathe the same air as she!

Shanazel

Bring those, too. The Cornish savory kind, of course.

(WARNING! TEMPORARY THREAD HIJACK!)

Cornish Pastie

pie dough, enough for a single crust
butter
salt and pepper
2 large, peeled, raw potatoes
1 medium sized onion
2 tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 baby carrots, chopped
1/4 small Swede or rutabaga
cream
1/3 lb. tender round steak or sirloin

Roll out the dough a little thicker than for a pie (you can use your own home-made flaky pie crust or a store bought crust).
Slice the onions onto the bottom of the dough. Chip the potatoes in small pieces (do not slice), sprinkle very lightly with pepper and salt. Put a piece of butter the size of an egg (or about 2 tablespoons), cut into several pieces (2), one at each side of the potatoes.
Slice the steak in small strips and arrange over the potatoes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
The trick of a real Cornish pasty is to bring both sides of the dough up over the top of your filling ingredients and pinch the edges together well (bottom up) - the Cornish expression. The pasty should have the edge at the top. You can pinch it together in a fluted fashion. Make a small slit to form a vent in the top when potatoes are done. Fill with cream through the hole in top. Return the pasty to the hot oven and allow it the cream to bubble up through the vent, which makes a delicious gravy inside the pasty. This quantity makes a single serving (one pasty). Multiply the quantity by the number of pasties you wish to make; one pasty per person.

(From http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,cornish_pastie,FF.html)

Yshka

Dear Gia, yay!!! You deserve all of it and I'm sure you'll be amazing! :cool:
Most importantly: enjoy and have fun, and do post pictures when the day arrives, am dying to see your new dress...:D

Btw, LOL on the pasties :lol:

Gia al Qamar

Dear Gia, yay!!! You deserve all of it and I'm sure you'll be amazing! :cool:
Most importantly: enjoy and have fun, and do post pictures when the day arrives, am dying to see your new dress...:D

Btw, LOL on the pasties :lol:

Not to brag...but I'd need some seriously large pasties to cover my...um...appetite!!! :lol:
Will absolutely post photos...Thanks everyone for the great cheer!