Shanazel, this one's for you

Shanazel

You know what? Someone on my motorcycle forum posted that same article for me. There is not a true horsewoman or man who wouldn't do the same for their horse but I hope my darlings are never subjected to such a terrible ordeal. Right, Cassandra?

Ariadne

... I admit to crying while reading that.

I have never had a horse but if that had been my dog I had growing up... How did she ever manage to stay calm enough to help her horse? I would have been hysterical.

AndreaSTL

I cried, too. I'm glad this didn't happen 20 years ago when no one had cell phones. They clearly needed every minute, and if she had to drive for help the outcome might not have been good.

Shanazel

... I admit to crying while reading that.

I have never had a horse but if that had been my dog I had growing up... How did she ever manage to stay calm enough to help her horse? I would have been hysterical.

Raising two very accident prone children and participating in high adventure sports for twenty years taught me that the only allowable time for getting hysterical (if necessary) is after the crisis has passed. :cool: My daughter got quite a bloody head injury when she was small (one of many, actually) and I dealt with it cooly and calmly. After the blood was stopped, the injury cared for, my daughter ready to play again...

I sat down on the floor and put my head between my knees to keep from fainting. :lol:

Ariadne

the only allowable time for getting hysterical (if necessary) is after the crisis has passed. :cool:

Normally that is me as well. The one exception to that though was when my dog was hit while chasing a semi (no it wasn't the semi that hit her). Honestly I don't know what I would do.

Ariadne

It's alright. She survived and died of old age a good 5 or more years later. That doesn't mean I handled it so well at the time though. Honestly, what goes through a dogs mind that it sees a SEMI and thinks "I can take it." :rolleyes:

Shanazel

When I was farming I had (at separate times) a killdeer and a field mouse threaten my tractor. The killdeer actually pounded beat the field, no doubt. I always felt bad about that. The little mouse stood up on its hind legs and showed its teeth at me.

Shanazel

It's probably even sweeter when I tell you I decided to not get off the tractor until the mouse left. :cool:

AndreaSTL

LOL Of course, but I expect nothing less from you. ;)

I would have likely done the same. I'm such a softie, and I would have had to respect it's spunk.

Ariadne

That is awesome Shanazel! I wonder what would have happened if you had gotten off? It's probably best you didn't find out. :D