Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello!

I have been around lurking and being scared to post over the last month - yeah, I'm a guy. Im so in awe of the other guys who are doing so well here stateside.

I am a new dancer - my wife dances and teaches BD as a wellness class for her school district. Im a capoeirista who decided to pick it up - I love the ways she moves. I've decided to add dancing to my repetoire since DW and I took a samba class together and we had a blast.

So I dance with my wife and practice with some tribal DVDs and other Netflix-type BD videos to train.

It seems like a cool place, I hope I don't piss anyone off in the process. I got scared after another dancer flounced and ran off... I generally don't like to do that.

I have no idea what style I (am attempting to) dance. I just know I life the way this moves, and I don't *think* I'll compromise my capoeira in the process... and if I do, oh well...

So, I said hi, and now I shall hie myself to the male dancer forum. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

To the forum - don't be scared of us, we won't bite I promise Also don't just hide in the male dance forum - you are most welcome to join in anywhere. I think it's great that you & your wife share a love of the dance. Our fabulous Zorba and his wife both dance as well. You should check his website out if you haven't already
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mosaic!

I am truly interested in learning, so I'm trying to stay cool and be cool with everyone. I promise I won't just hide in the boys' room either.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

OKay, I admit it: I had to look up capoeira but I is now edjucated.

Don't count on being safe in the boys' locker room; we all know how to sneak in.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

its quite the workout... I was pursuing it pretty vigorously, until it quit being fun and I found reasons to not go...

So, I changed my attitude, and now I go for fun. Much better.

I also dance samba de roda, which is a street-style samba. some of the hip movements are similar to BD. I hope I can translate some of the skills over, but the feel of samba is vastly different than this dance.