Post Thanks / Like

Idea New BD, ideas/clothing for larger women

Hello everyone,
    I am a plus size woman who enjoys bellydancing but NOT baring my belly. I wanted to know what woman wear who want to see how their body moves but does not want to bare their belly. I have had a few abdominal surgeries and have always been uncomfortable showing any abs. I am not shy in moving my body. I have always loved to dance. I wanted to see what other woman wore or had any suggestions about what to wear. This is for the 2-3 classes I take a week. Does not need to be anything fancy. I appreciate you reading this and taking the time.
    P.s. Right now, I wear t-shirts and yoga pants.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

The simplest solution is to just by a leotard and wear it with your yoga pants. In my case I went to a store and bought a couple of cheap camisoles in stretch fabric one size to small. They show everything, especially the white one.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear a black tank top. I don't show my belly and it has worked fine for 9 years of dancing

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum I wear plain black or darker coloured lycra/spandex scoop neck T shirts or tank tops, they fit to the body and you remain covered. The scoop neck gives a more feminine line (I think) Below are the type of thing I wear.
    ~Mosaic

Last edited by Mosaic; 03-02-2012 at 05:14 AM.
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen my Bellydance Plus web site? It has photo galleries showing a variety of dancers, and therefore a variety of costume ideas:

Bellydance for Plus-Sized Women, Belly Dance for Full-Figured Women, and Bellydancing for Big Beautiful Women (BBW)

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the website. Lots of really good ideas to choose from.