New BD, ideas/clothing for larger women

Luv2bellydance

Hello everyone,
I am a plus size woman who enjoys bellydancing but NOT baring my belly. I wanted to know what woman wear who want to see how their body moves but does not want to bare their belly. I have had a few abdominal surgeries and have always been uncomfortable showing any abs. I am not shy in moving my body. I have always loved to dance. I wanted to see what other woman wore or had any suggestions about what to wear. This is for the 2-3 classes I take a week. Does not need to be anything fancy. I appreciate you reading this and taking the time.
P.s. Right now, I wear t-shirts and yoga pants.
Thank you.:dance:

Ariadne

The simplest solution is to just by a leotard and wear it with your yoga pants. In my case I went to a store and bought a couple of cheap camisoles in stretch fabric one size to small. They show everything, especially the white one.

gisela

Super Moderator
I wear a black tank top. I don't show my belly and it has worked fine for 9 years of dancing :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum:D I wear plain black or darker coloured lycra/spandex scoop neck T shirts or tank tops, they fit to the body and you remain covered. The scoop neck gives a more feminine line (I think:D) Below are the type of thing I wear.
~Mosaic

Last edited: