How to gain more weight ?

Amulya

I'm glad you decided not to go through with this Remus :)

I have an uncle with these problems and one of his arteries recently ruptured due to cholesterol and pressure from the fatty tissues around it. He was saved though, but it was very scary for him.

teela

Harry: In regard to the gym, you could always buy a few DVD's and hand weights and do some workouts at home if you don't have a gym membership or don't always want to go to the gym. Yes it requires self motivation but it works. Don't forget, walking, using the stairs, etc can help you get a workout throughout the day.

khanjar

That of course is the problem with many of humanity; motivation, at least a gymnasium once there motivates the person, but at home, there is always something more important to do before one can focus on themselves, or perhaps the focus elsewhere is often used as an excuse, because inherently and the modern age where we have machines to labour we have become lazy and more and more we live in our minds.

Me, I have an exercise ball, a yoga mat, iyengar yoga props and a bullworker for isometrics, but do I use them, well they are here, but rarely do I use them, so my health is my own problem, my lack of intent creates that, so I no one else is to blame but myself when I get unhealthy.

But when I do like now, I know it and my mind eats until I start exercising. A recent artistic modelling job has kind of shocked me into just how bad I look, so today, I was out churning the hills on my mountain bike, something that has these past five months has taken a back step since I was able to afford to run my car, before which I was not as bad as I am now, and I have to be aware,aged forty four this year. I am in the region for middle aged spread. I know others my age and younger who are stuck with it, no matter how hard they train for visceral fat is the hardest to shift at middle age. So far I have avoided it through diet and working, but now I see the signs and that is my motivator, as I wish not to develop the gut further and it is my intent to get back to where I was pre personal motorised transport.

But if it helps to augment the mind, get a full length mirror and take stock of oneself, as everything through correct diet and exercise can be reversed except that is for the age going south skin.

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Harry and Khanjar, I admire you both for taking charge of your health an not going down without a fight. My best to you. :)

Remus, I'm so proud of you for deciding to reverse your weight gain, and I send my best to you, too. We can all do this together, and be here for each other. Many hugs to all of you!

Remus

Harry and Khanjar, I admire you both for taking charge of your health an not going down without a fight. My best to you. :)

Remus, I'm so proud of you for deciding to reverse your weight gain, and I send my best to you, too. We can all do this together, and be here for each other. Many hugs to all of you!

Thank you Farasha, I want to hug you too. I'm glad that all of you opened my eyes. I've started dating a gorgeous man and I really want to be in shape for him ;) . He's supportive in getting me back in shape and I love him for that

Harry

Farasha brings up two really super points, I think: a) It is necessary to not give up without a fight, and b) Those of us that are trying to get it right can always use a truckload of support.

khanjar

But in the regime to shift what one does not like, just don't do what I did yesterday, that being going at it all guns blazing and ending up losing consciousness through hyperventilation and falling off my mountain bike. Too much too soon has never been my way, but after yesterday a rethink I went out and ordered a heart rate monitor to get it right.

Not what I wish to shift is a problem really, it is just I am aware it's starting and I wish to halt it in it's tracks and send it back from whence it came, for I have my own standards despite the fact I am near underweight for my age and size according to the medics. I have never had a gut and I don't want one, that is my motivation besides being a hell of a lot fitter, it can only aid my dancing and the cycling.

But no way am I joining a gym despite the fact there is one a hundred yards from my house, and that because I have never liked the atmosphere in those modern torture dungeons.

Farasha Hanem

But in the regime to shift what one does not like, just don't do what I did yesterday, that being going at it all guns blazing and ending up losing consciousness through hyperventilation and falling off my mountain bike. Too much too soon has never been my way, but after yesterday a rethink I went out and ordered a heart rate monitor to get it right.

Not what I wish to shift is a problem really, it is just I am aware it's starting and I wish to halt it in it's tracks and send it back from whence it came, for I have my own standards despite the fact I am near underweight for my age and size according to the medics. I have never had a gut and I don't want one, that is my motivation besides being a hell of a lot fitter, it can only aid my dancing and the cycling.

But no way am I joining a gym despite the fact there is one a hundred yards from my house, and that because I have never liked the atmosphere in those modern torture dungeons.

I'm torturing myself at home with the Insanity program. -_- The lengths a mother will go to in order to support her daughter. :confused: