Henna for Hair, free e-book

khanjar

Ah, so I got a streak of grey running through my beard and it looks ridiculous, so I am set to dye it, but from experience, the chemical preparations do not do nice things to my skin- it burns it burns, so none of that if I can help it, so I am now looking at Henna and can it be used to dye the somewhat wiry and tough beard hair.

Now I appreciate most of you reading do not have this problem, by not having beards, but hey, I found a free e-book all about henna and what it can be used for, so I am linking it here, as apparently Henna can be used to dye beard hair,as well as just hair so that is my next port of call.

free e book on henna for hair

Of course the vendor of this book is promoting their product, but the book is not daubed with product placement, which kind of always turns me off to a product when I read, but as they say you don't get 'ought for 'nowt, but this book is good and goes lightly on the product.

Za Linda

go for it!

Henna should work well on beard hair, although I haven't tried it myself. (I don't have a beard - I'm female.)

I started using henna on my own head of grey hair two years ago, and wish I'd known about henna years ago, when I was using stinky, stinging and expensive chemical dyes. Henna is one of the two best things I've done recently. (The other was taking up belly dance!)

That free e-book about henna has the right info; it's the one I follow for my henna adventures. I recommend it; the advice in it is gold. In particular, the use of lemon juice to make a paste (and not boiling water as is often stated on the instructions), and wearing gloves while using the henna (so you don't end up with bright orange hands for two weeks!) And take note of the warnings about horrid non-henna preparations, sold as "black henna", that can leave permanent scars. It's all in the book.

I have found that the results of henna far outshine dyeing with any chemical hair preparation I've tried, and I've tried lots of different brands. It's amazing - if I had a dollar for every time a stranger has come up to me in the street (supermarket, service station, concert, etc) and complimented me on my henna-ed hair....:D

Amulya

I love that site, there is also a section where readers have posted pictures of their recults and the recipe they used. Very useful to look at.

I love henna, have been using it for 4 years now. Henna on beards is quite popular in the Middle East and Afghanistan/Pakistan/India! But they use pure so they have bright red beards. With indigo you can get all sorts of different colours. Indigo however takes more applications before it really stays.

khanjar

But of their product, not the hair dye, I have used it before when the craze was temporary tattoos, but the e book itself, the history of trade from the regions concerned to the west is interesting in itself, and does go to suggest how much of the erroneous information we knew about the places from recent antiquity occurred, were lives that dull in the west, that this fantast was created ?

But thinking back I have henna'd my hair before, years back with some Lush stuff and was impressed with the results, so I may visit that again just for the shine and thickness, let alone nail the greys.

I seem to remember, I loved the smell of the stuff, very earthy, not too dissimilar from rassoul clay I also used to use. But the beard is definitely going to get it, mid to dark brown, although there used to be red in it, but I think I will resist a red beard.

Fencai

im a rabid fan of this site, her info, her books, technique and product.
I reccommend it to everyone, and its the ONLY thing that covers my solid white hairs.
GREAT stuff

Amulya

The Lush henna is the easiest. But it's so hard to grate! Expect to get muscley arms from it!

The Lush needs several applications, I did the medium brown one once and it washed out in 3 washing. One of my friends uses the same one and she said it stays better over time after having been applied a few times.

seona

not too dissimilar from rassoul clay I also used to use..

Sorry to side track,,,, is that clay for your skin? Just curious as I'm thinking of buying some green French clay for my skin...if so, how did you get on with it?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I henna my hair. I don't henna my beard, although that's traditional in some parts of the world. But why? I'd have to do it a couple of times a week!

I'm probably going to get my beard lasered off soon...

khanjar

A beard need not be done a few times a week, from what I understand, it takes a few applications over a few weeks and then it just becomes part of the routine with the henna'ing of the rest of the hair.

But, why laser and what's wrong with a good old fashioned open razor ?

But I grew mine because of the dislike for shaving, planes, no problem, curves a problem, so let the whiskers grow where I don't like shaving.

Farasha Hanem

A beard need not be done a few times a week, from what I understand, it takes a few applications over a few weeks and then it just becomes part of the routine with the henna'ing of the rest of the hair.

But, why laser and what's wrong with a good old fashioned open razor ?

But I grew mine because of the dislike for shaving, planes, no problem, curves a problem, so let the whiskers grow where I don't like shaving.

Okay, I was gonna keep my big keyboard shut, 'cause I'm happily married, but I'm going to say it (and I promise I'm nit flirting with you, I'm just stating my opinion: You look so CUTE WITHOUT the beard! :(:(:(