First Event

Indigo Shimmer

I'm going to my first belly dance convention later this week, "Art of the Belly" in O.C. Md. and already I'm in event mode! Never gone to one of these before. So what, in your opinion, should I definitely not forget to pack??? ( $$$$Money$$$ check. Camera check.)

Indigo S.

Sirène

I'm going to my first belly dance convention later this week, "Art of the Belly" in O.C. Md. and already I'm in event mode! Never gone to one of these before. So what, in your opinion, should I definitely not forget to pack??? ( $$$$Money$$$ check. Camera check.)

Indigo S.

Notebook! (Preferably one with a pocket flap.) It's useful for taking notes and keeping track of phone numbers and email addresses. If it has a pocket flap you can tuck business card and flyers in there. ;)

jenc

I don't know if you usually dance barefoot - but I would definately take at least one pair of full dance shoes. One of the first workshops I went to was in an old building with poorly maintained wooden floors ()yes it was a dance studio) and i ended up dancing across a condemned section of the floor in bare feet. The resulting blisters were the biggest I have ever seen. Although this was an extreme case, you can end up doing spins on carpet. Jillina turned up to teach one workshop in the biggest pair of dance trainers I have ever seen. You need to protect your feet to dance another day.

Which brings me to my next item, plasters (bandaid) as big as possible.

Daimona

A drinking bottle and some emergency food (nuts, dried fruit etc), in case you forget to eat because of all the fun..

Indigo Shimmer

That's a definite possibility! That's the first thing I do when I get all fired up about being at any event, skip drinking and eating! And I gotta be good about the fluids because I'm recovering from a cold right now. ( Better this week than this weekend!) Gotta love doctors and their drugs!

Indigo S.