Greetings from New England!

Cindershade

Hello! You guys can call me Cinder or Cindershade. I've been wanting to learn how to dance for a while now, and researched different dances to find the one that appealed to me the most. I looked into salsa, and it did look fun, but I decided to check out other forms of dance as well... and thought, hey, I'll look into belly dancing! After watching many videos of performances online, I was amazed at how beautiful the dance was, and I was sold on the spot.

I'm a third year college student living on campus, so I cannot actually begin to take classes until summer starts (I'm taking summer classes, but they shouldn't interfere with my ability to take belly dance classes). In the meantime, I've resolved to making sure I build up strength in my muscles and practice the most basic of isolations to get a feel for things, and because I kind of need to work out anyways. :lol: Should everything go according to plan, I'll be finishing up college a semester early in December and will have more time to commit to a belly dance class.

I've joined the forum so that I might learn more about the dance, and meet people that might be able to help me should questions arise.

So... yeah! Hello!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum, You have come to the right place to find answers and to learn more. We'll look forward to hearing about your dance journey when you begin classes ( or before:D)
~Mosaic

Cindershade

Thanks! I was going to post something of a small update last night, but decided against it because it was late and I was tired. I started practicing basic hip isolations last night and just before bed, decided to do them to music (Beats Antique, 'cause they're good fun)... oh jeez, SO. MUCH. FUN. I didn't really WANT to stop, as there's just something thrilling about moving to the beat, but alas, I was sleepy.

Cindershade

Drat. I really wanted to get some practice in today, but it's just been kind of a busy day. Stupid schoolwork getting in the way of my play.