Stop the insanity!!! @____@

Farasha Hanem

Recently, I've started doing the Insanity workout program at the urging of my daughter (she doesn't like doing these things by herself). The program seems more like a workout for FOOTBALL players! @______@;;;; There's a lot of jumping involved (which I HATE, HATE, HATE). I've been a little concerned that all those crazy football-type exercises might be hard on the joints, but he instructor, Shaun T. (?) does encourage to always have soft knees. So far, my knees aren't giving me any problems. However, the rest of me feels like I've been run over by a fleet of Mac trucks. And it's only Day 4 for me! *_______*

I can't remember the names of all the different sections that we've done so far to give a proper review of each one, and they're all becoming a flashy blur, anyway. @____@ I do remember the Fit Test at the beginning, and according to my daughter, Christa, you do the test every two weeks (the Insanity program is 60 days). The test is a killer, with moves like The Heisman, and Around The World (I hate that one). But ohhhhhhh, THAT'S just the beginning. You KNOW a program is torture when the people on the DVD are on the FLOOR, and not exercising (even the instructor at one point so far!)! This program is definitely not for everyone, and it SURE isn't for me. Sometimes I just end up running in place or doing girly pushups, just to keep moving. Most of the time, I'm twitching in the fetal position on the floor.

Shaun T. IS The Devil Incarnate. Every time he asks, "How we DOO-IIIIN'?" :D or "How we FEELIIIIIIIN'?" I wanna slap him through the TV screen. >:/ *PELTS Shaun's image with several chocolate-glazed doughnuts, and a bottle of Starbucks Frappachino for good measure*

However, I do have this to say. This past winter, I've been having some problems with a certain position in one of our sword dances that I'd never had trouble with before. In one part, the floor people extend the left leg out completely to the side with our swords balanced on our heads while doing snake arms. I've been unable to extend my leg out without feeling excruciating pain, probably because I haven't been exercising since being so ill this past winter. After doing Insanity this morning, I ran through the part of the choreography that has been giving me so much trouble, and discovered I have my flexibility back! :D *kisses Shaun's image on the TV*

Maybe this program will do my bellydancing some good, after all! :D Plus, my daughter told me this morning that she's proud of me! <3

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I've never heard of it .... and it sure sounds like I don't want to hear about it:lol:

Farasha, you go girl, give that sucker a right old shiner, then go do your thing (eat those chocolate-glazed doughnuts, and drink that bottle of Starbucks Frappachino)
~Mosaic

Shakti

Shaun T frightens me! Love the infomercial though..am I the only one who watches fitness video's..without doing them...so guilty! Seriously ...you are brave...great job for sticking with it.

Shanazel

I looooove workout programs. I can just kick back with a bag of coconut M&Ms and a big glass of sweet tea and watch all day.

Farasha Hanem

I love eating brownies while watching Rachel Brice instructional DVD's. xD :lol:

I'm not doing such a great job at keeping up with the DVD's. Like I said, when it gets to be too much, I'll do something easier until I can go again, plus I'm not going to struggle to the point that I end up injuring myself. But hopefully, the longer Christa and I do this together, the better we'll get and the healthier and more fit we'll become for it. It's so much better to have a partner to encourage you, and double the encouragement factor when your partner is you child! :D

Unfortunately, I think I undid a lot of good from the past four days at the going-away hafla we had for our teacher tonight...sooooooooooooo much good homemade Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food there! @______@

Christa also bought the PX-90 workout---she said we'll be doing THAT one next after we get through with the Insanity program... @_______@;;;