Post Thanks / Like

Default Train Like a Pro Workshop DVD with Zoe Jakes

This looks like a great workout, would it be as effective for a traditional style dancer or is it more for ats/tribal dancers?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to this workshop next week and I'm really excited, even though Zoe's style is not really my area, I think there will be valuable information here. I hadn't seen this trailer before, though, just a poster. Will let you know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like

That must be a new one! I just bought a DVD series from her from Cheeky Girls, it's great, but this looks really good too! Just the kind of exercise I need I think!

Post Thanks / Like

This looks fantastic. I have two instructionals by Zoe and I find I like them even though I prefer Egyptian/AmCab style of dance.

However...

I know that the industry is trying different methods of content delivery, and that they are for-profit businesses, but I intensely dislike this model.

$45 for a ninety-day rental? After which the content is unavailable unless I pay again?

That makes no sense. For $40 retail you can buy From A to Zoe and you keep the content for as long as you own the DVDs. With the other available titles, you rent them for less than the retail cost of a DVD, and if you like it, you can then buy the DVD to keep as long as you like.

What's presented here is payment in perpetuity.

How many of us would be willing to pay each time we listened to a song? Or have to re-buy the music content of our iPod every thirty days? I certainly wouldn't.

Not every production requires fancy DVD packaging, and digital delivery is convenient and money saving for both the content owner and the viewer. However, I think RaqsTv would benefit from following Amazon's example, and offering content at a rental price and a purchase price.
    Last edited by Sirčne; 03-31-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typing error

Post Thanks / Like

There is one large issue for those of use who live with an unstable internet. Where I live, the internet is often up and down throughout the day so its very difficult to use. Furthermore, if I want to watch youtube or do a download, I must do it between 10PM and 6 AM assuming the internet is working well enough to do that. I've often spent 3 to 4 hours downloading updates for my programs. Given a choice, I would rather purchase the actual material on a DVD so I have it. I would love to take some of these new online classes, etc but my internet won't allow me to participate. So if people offer video classes to rent on-line that is wonderful but I would love a hard copy so I can enjoy the same material.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know it was a rental thing! I thought it was an actual DVD

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from my workshop with Zoe Jakes; will write more later but it was amazing! I wish I could do that every week! Now am excited to see Beats Antique tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    This looks like a great workout, would it be as effective for a traditional style dancer or is it more for ats/tribal dancers?