*Navigirl*

Hi, my name is NaviGirl and I am in training to become a professional belly dancer. I just finished beginners 1 with my teacher, Portia. I have a long way to make my dream come true. However, I am equipped with an instructional video, a coin belt, and trips to the local gym for the belly dance fitness classes. Do you have any tips to help me succeed? :think:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Sounds like you have your dance future all mapped out. Tips for success, practice, practice, practice, and attend as many classes as you can:D The class you are currently taking you called it a bellydance fitness class? Is it aimed at fitness or actually learning bellydance? If it is just for fitness ( getting the heart rate up etc) then I would suggest you find a class that teaches traditional/classical bellydance so that as you become proficient you take your bellybabe first steps into performing at a hafla and slowly move forward until you eventually are at solo performance level. You can still attend a BD fitness class, but if it is just for fitness, I don't think it will be the right class for what you are aiming for.
~Mosaic