Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I understand (too fast conclusion (don't know the right word )). Then I don't have the DVD you were referring to...

Okay, I have already been doing yoga before I started bellydancing hence the yoga sections on the Serpentine DVD are a nice variation (I've been doing it rather for relaxing and gentle stretching than being able to do fancy yoga poses anyway).

Serpentine is good too, but I've never done the full thing. I like that she drills the movements with traveling steps, and I was using it for a while, but I find that those movements with those traveling steps aren't really applicable to me since my style is so different from hers. I'd rather drill something I'd actually use...
    I feel familiar with this. I modify some parts of the drills, but I like her instruction as a guideline. But as I don't have any comparison to a DVD in Oriental style I can't tell how usable it is in comparison. Also there are no (or not much) combinations (except the Tribal Fusion Choreos) and the drills are rather simple (no complex ones), so maybe it's not the right one in this case...

Post Thanks / Like

I can say that Serpentine is very good for drills, you will really feel like you've worked some deep muscles as well. It also has a nice combinations section with combo's from two different choreographies, you could just do combos or learn the whole routine for either.
    If you want drills that feel a bit more like dancing the Luscious/Love Potion/Hard Candy series are good fun.

Haven't done the shimmy workout one, quite fancy that, but as i'm waiting for about 3 dvd's at the moment, I shalll have to resist!

Post Thanks / Like

the shimmy workout has a nice warm up and cool down and 6 different 5 min shimmy drills. I aim for 2 a day. it pushes you lol. really good.

Now I'll have to try one of these other drilling dvds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12