Dancing shoes

Ahava_Melantha

does anyone know of any good dancing shoes I could wear for both carpet and wooden flooring, like you find in dance class? I am finding that my moves could be smoother with something on the bottoms of my feet. but NOT high heels.

thanx.

SeeJaneDance

I wear a pair of split sole ballet shoes, which tend to work for every surface I've tried. I don't know if I'd wear them to perform...I found a pair of lace footies online, that are very pretty, and look like they'd provide a good balance of smooth/traction for a performance. I found them on Pinterest where another dancer had commented that she wore them to perform. I can find the link if you want!

Darshiva

I get pretty good mileage from my split-sole jazz shoes, but they don't tend to look very pretty with most costumes.

I think it's going to be a pain to find a shoe that hits every nail on the head. If you do, let me know, I'm in the market for a nice blingy flat that can handle carpet, wood & concrete with equal ease.

Ahava_Melantha

Jane, yes I would.

and this is mostly for practising at home on a HORRID carpet, as well as dance class floor. I don't think I'll be performing on cement any time soon, lol

red head miriam

I wear a pair of pedinis (also called teaching sandals). They fit my wide feet better than the jazz shoes did. They work lovely on all surfaces so far. Leather sole, so I can still feel the floor. I usually only use them for practice when my feet hurt, but I have used them for performance when the surface is not good for bare feet.

I think any of the options discussed would help. Is there a dance supply store near you where you could try on ballet slippers, etc. to see what fits you best?

dance supply places also sell something called foot undies - they only cover the ball of your foot. I haven't tried them, but I've seriously considered getting some.

Yame

I recommend foot undeez, for an almost-barefoot feel that gives the balls of the feet protection from blisters and slide to avoid torque to the ankles and knees.

Ahava_Melantha

thanx so much. thats just what I need. and those lace foot liners - I think I wanna wear them just to feel pretty around the house, lol

Janene Aliza

I recommend foot undeez, for an almost-barefoot feel that gives the balls of the feet protection from blisters and slide to avoid torque to the ankles and knees.

I was thinking about trying these, but was worried about the part between the toes (I tend to get blisters between my toes when I wear sandals/thongs)....is this a problem for anyone who wears these?