Got any Bellydance Ghost Stories?

Erik

I found this photo about two weeks ago but did not think to link it here. [Although I believe in the possibility of ghosts I am making no claims regarding the image in the photo.]

Connecticut

nitewindz

Years ago one of the women in my troupe was diagnosed with lymphoma. She was declared cancer-free in Dec, but the treatment destroyed her lungs. We all met at a restaurant in January, to plan for an important April performance. She was not well enough to dance but planned to join us to watch. Two weeks later she went into the hospital. Three weeks later she was dead.

April arrived, and some friends sat at a table near the stage with a collection of cameras, taking photos of the show for us. During our dance, all of us felt our dear friend with us.

Afterwards we took a quick look at the photos on the digital cameras. We noticed some odd spots on the photos of us, that did not appear on the photos of the other performers. When the film photos came back it was the same - a white orb floating around the image on photos of us, but no one else. When we finally got the video we fast forwarded to us, and started watching. No orbs, until the very very end, where a white orb drifts in and out on the right side.

Daimona

I found this photo about two weeks ago but did not think to link it here. [Although I believe in the possibility of ghosts I am making no claims regarding the image in the photo.]

Connecticut

Yeah.. if this is photo of anything paranormal (unless you consider the dancer paranormal), any picture I've taken with flash in dusty or rainy or snowy conditions with small particles reflecting the flash close to the camera are paranormal.. :rolleyes:

(sorry, Erik, but I couldn't resist answering to this one..)

Last edited:

Erik

That's perfectly okay, Daimona. :D

I still believe in life after death, and after nitewindz posted I became very interested in these white orbs which appear in photography.

Daimona

That's perfectly okay, Daimona. :D

I still believe in life after death, and after nitewindz posted I became very interested in these white orbs which appear in photography.

Sometimes there are quite simple and natural reasons for things someone may consider paranormal because they don't know how to explain it. This one was quite easy to explain (in some cases, it could also be lens flare but I doubt this is the case in that picture).

Duvet

Loie Fuller as a vampire bat - Gothic Isis Wings from 1902?! Plus (for me) an unexpected back bend.

Okay, maybe not scary, (or maybe it is?), but as a parody of Loie Fuller I didn't know where else to post it - stills followed by a short film;

[video=youtube;dAOmKwI_49M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dAOmKwI_49M[/video]