Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Cat New Tricks

Greetings from the East Coast of Canada, I have been doing belly dance (both traditional and ATS) for over a year now. Once I started, I fell in love with dance, the moves just felt natural to me. Throughout my life, I never really excelled at any physical activities. I am lucky that we have a really excellent instructor in town here, trained in both forms. I am even learning Zills now.

Anyway started at 40, so have no aspirations of professional career. However, I do enjoy belly dance as a social and physical activity. It got me out of a rut and I managed to shimmy off 14 inches off my figure (so far). I was able to perform with a troupe for the first time last month. Not only was it a blast but it was the most empowering thing I have ever done.

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum & congrats on your first troupe performance, also good job shimmying away 14"
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)