Latest from Aida Bogomolova

Salome

Administrator
Nice movement quality and I enjoyed it. She knows how to dance with her legs showing, which you really need in that costuming. One tiny nit picky crit; too turned out, it disrupted an other wise lovely line. Good musicality, always refreshing...

Yame

Nice movement quality and I enjoyed it. She knows how to dance with her legs showing, which you really need in that costuming. One tiny nit picky crit; too turned out, it disrupted an other wise lovely line. Good musicality, always refreshing...

I agree with that. The excessively turned out feet bother me slightly, especially because the feet are not aligned with the knees, BUT I think it's just how her bones are structured and I'll cut anyone slack for that. Too much turn out or not, she is my absolute favorite dancer :)

I for one have the opposite problem, my feet naturally turn in, and it's very very hard to even get them to be parallel when I'm dancing. I am always very aware of what they are doing when I am practicing but as soon as I'm performing, there we go, sickled feet again.

Between excessively turned out and turned in, I think she has the lesser problem. In my ballet classes I'd kill to have her "problem," but belly dance is not ballet and too much turn out does look odd.