Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Texas

I recently moved to an area where people think belly dancers are ________ <-- Insert bad things. It's nice to find this forum online.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear that people are not so nice where you live, glad that you have found us & I'm pretty sure there are a few Texas dancers floating around here. Anyway just ignore those who show their ignorance and keep dancing - Maybe one day you will change someones mind, even one mind changed is a feather in your cap
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. The problem is that the job I have makes me have to be seen in the community, and to keep my job, I have to be "moral". Their ideas of morals and mine are different. Like, I see nothing wrong with the dance, but they think it's naughty that dancers are not covered. Plus, they've seen things on TV like those who give dance a bad name.... the common Suzie Tassletits and her troupe of 6 week wonders.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there certainly are some Texas dancers on here! Though I'm sorry to hear you're in a conservative community...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rani Al Amar View Post
    Thank you. The problem is that the job I have makes me have to be seen in the community, and to keep my job, I have to be "moral". Their ideas of morals and mine are different. Like, I see nothing wrong with the dance, but they think it's naughty that dancers are not covered. Plus, they've seen things on TV like those who give dance a bad name.... the common Suzie Tassletits and her troupe of 6 week wonders.
    Ignorance is bliss they say, or in many cases I've seen, the stuff where hatred and fear is born.

Sad to see that, I'm in Texas and I haven't had that sort of reaction. D:

Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of great folks belly dancing in the Lone Star State. Keep looking around- maybe you'll unearth a secret few in your town and together you can bring about a revolution. Or at least a couple of dervish turns.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. Do you know any good bellydance schools there already?

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin What part of Texas?

I'm in San Antonio and we are supposed to be a diverse culture, welll... to only certain ethnic groups who shall be un-named. Everyone wants to teach only the Egyptian style of BD, what about all the other styles. I can't find an instructor to save my life that teaches Tribal Fusion. There is one who teaches a mixture of Spanish/Egyptian, doesn't go well...

As far as what our fellow Texans are saying...ignore and enjoy! We only live once!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I'm in San Antonio and we are supposed to be a diverse culture, welll... to only certain ethnic groups who shall be un-named. Everyone wants to teach only the Egyptian style of BD, what about all the other styles. I can't find an instructor to save my life that teaches Tribal Fusion. There is one who teaches a mixture of Spanish/Egyptian, doesn't go well...

As far as what our fellow Texans are saying...ignore and enjoy! We only live once!!
    I'm in Austin, I can see if anyone knows of a Tribal Fusion instructor somewhere in that general vacenity.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!

Thank you for checking on the instructor for me. So very nice of you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast