Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I'm in San Antonio and we are supposed to be a diverse culture, welll... to only certain ethnic groups who shall be un-named. Everyone wants to teach only the Egyptian style of BD, what about all the other styles. I can't find an instructor to save my life that teaches Tribal Fusion. There is one who teaches a mixture of Spanish/Egyptian, doesn't go well...

As far as what our fellow Texans are saying...ignore and enjoy! We only live once!!
    There is an ATS studio on the Northeast side that will be teaching tribal fusion in the coming months and tribal and zambra mora studio on the South side that teaches tribal fusion every once in awhile. Both studios are not as well known as the Egyptian/American Cabaret styles.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Ats?

What is an ATS studio? Would you happen to know the name and how I may contact them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    What is an ATS studio? Would you happen to know the name and how I may contact them?
    American Tribal Style I know that some people (including myself) believe that Level 1 in ATS is helpful before moving on to tribal fusion.

New Day Belly Dancing's classes are on hold except for the tribal fusion classes. Here is their siteClasses

Amber Lotus Dance Studio is strictly ATS/ITS at the moment, but they are planning to expand to tribal fusion too. I can say from personal experience that the instructors are really nice and are ready to answer any questions you have. Their site is here Classes ‹ valorijenne

I forgot there is also a strictly tribal fusion troupe called Zombie Bazaar that offers classes. Here is their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ZombieBazaar

I hope that was helpful!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thank you!

You have helped so much. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default We must hang together or we shall surely hang separately

Reading thru posts on these forums tells me that lots of people must live where there's a bunch of belly dancing competition, because they seem to have the luxury of choosing different styles or nit-picking origins, music, costuming, labelling, etc. With fellow belly dancers like those, who needs enemies? But here in small-town Texas, whether tribal or cabaret, one thing is sure - the public at large thinks we're mostly strippers anyway! I've heard the suggestion that calling what you do Raks Sharki, or oriental dance, is a way to avoid the negative misconceptions that some people have about "belly dance." Personally, I just say I'm a belly dancer - the negative opinion some may have about that phrase isn't any of my business - and then let my actions speak for me. I am moral, and modest, AND I belly dance. So there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dancing in Texas area

I know the feeling, I use to be a former bellydancer and belly dance teacher in the East Texas area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rani Al Amar View Post
    I recently moved to an area where people think belly dancers are ________ <-- Insert bad things. It's nice to find this forum online.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12