Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm so happy I found a suitable course :)

Yes! I found a short course that suits my needs right now! No more learning from just Youtube. I'll have a human teacher look at me and tell me what I'm doing wrong

And this is unbelievable, because I only have one free night (and that's when the course is), I don't have much money (it's very cheap), I don't have a car for traveling to the other side of the town (it's close by), and it's my level. The belly dance fairy just made my wish come true!

Post Thanks / Like

Well that is very good news, I am happy for you. What a nice BD fairy you have weaving her magic around you
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

The first lesson was yesterday, and I liked it. The teacher said that I'd thaught myself well enough so far. And I was able to keep up with the rest of the class even though I had some problems with complitely new steps. We learned part of a saidi step combination, and I kind of liked it. I tried to find a performance video or something with the same steps on Youtube, but had no luck. Instead I ended up watching many saidi videos

And a hint for all the teachers: If you are going to give a follow-the-boucing-butt-kind of a lesson, please please, don't cover your bouncing butt with a huge scarf that hangs down to your calves.

The course lasts only for six lessons and all the lessons will be held by different teachers and they will teach different styles, which I think is good, because now I can get a sample of different things. Then I'll continue practicing at home until I'll find another short course or a workshop.

Post Thanks / Like

And a hint for all the teachers: If you are going to give a follow-the-boucing-butt-kind of a lesson, please please, don't cover your bouncing butt with a huge scarf that hangs down to your calves.
    Absolutely right.

I had a teacher who used to turn up for every lesson in a cabaret costume. She didn't perform so class was the only chance she got to wear her very expensive custom-made bedlah. She was a pretty decent teacher, but you could never tell what was going on under that skirt and harem pants. Most of the students followed suit so class looked like a pre-performance warm-up.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Looks like you got lucky!