which style would go better with this song?

Kashmir

I've only listened to the first 3 minutes but although it is beautiful, it doesn't strike me as dance music - especially not belly dance music. Sounds sorta Spanish. And yes, "flat". Middle Eastern music tend to have more variety - even classical ME music.

I though first maybe some sort of Spanish fusion - but still - no passion. Won't even work with muwashshah as it doesn't have the rhythmic structure or call & response refrain structure. But at a pinch, you could use some of that styling. Very elegant, upright, lots of arabesques and turns - not too much hips. The music doesn't say hips at all.

If I had to use it in class, I think it would be in the cool-down.

Aniseteph

It is lovely. It reminded me of some of the retro "Amcab" music - the rhythm and the South East Europe/ Greek vibe made me think Misirlou - but very delicate and restrained. Not the surfy guitar version :shok:).

IMO it could make an interesting solo for a good dancer, but to me the whole point would be to make everything small and subtle and refined. I don't see that working for the typical class number.

Marya

I think this would make a lovely veil fusion piece. not Belly dance but lots of possibilities for a lyrical sensual veil number.

Marya