Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl Code?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    "What goes around, comes around."
    ...and it usually gains momentum...

...as it should!

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, the "Bro Code" had its origins on the sitcom "How I met your mother", and was the code by which the character Barney Stinson lived. It is, of course, meant to be a humorous take on male chauvinism. It has such pearls as:

Article 5 : Whether he cares about sports or not, a Bro cares about sports.

Or, the longer...

Article 10: A Bro will drop whatever he's doing and rush to help his Bro dump a chick
    It's normal for a Bro to get confused and disorientated when dumping a chick. For some reason he's worried she'll become agitated or even violent after he calmly explains his desire to have sex with her friends. This is when a Bro most needs his Bro to remind him that there are plenty more chicks in the ocean, and that a breakup need not be hazardous, stressful, or even time-consuming.

SIDE-BRO: HOW TO DUMP A CHICK IN SIX WORDS OR LESS
    "Maybe try a side salad instead"
    "Cute! You're growing a mustache, too!"
    "She looks like a younger you"
    "I will finance a boob job"
    "Sorry I threw out your shoes"
    "Your sister let me do that"

Post Thanks / Like

Someone was taking credit for what you viewed as a joint effort but with the more valuable input coming from you. You’ve later heard that this person has also used other teacher classes in order to promote her own. You distanced yourself from her, but now believe she has been trying to undermine some other aspect of your life, from what you suspect is due to spite. Such people exist in all areas of life, in all jobs, men and women. They are not peculiar to the dance community, and the best advice is to learn from it and not get caught up with her agenda.

But if you backed out of the project, and then didn’t speak to her for 6 months, does she know how you felt? In such a small dance community did other people think that odd? And now you are starting to tell people that she is hitting on your husband, and getting irritated that other people are being nice to her. There is a danger here that you will start to look the baddy. If it is such a small, happy, supportive dance community, then your own reputation is more important than hers. It is best to maintain that community through behaving in that way, and let her tarnish her own reputation (which from what you say, she is already doing).

The girl code bit – is this the contacting your husband? Since he’s ignored her, and told you, do you have anything to worry about? You are actually just spreading gossip about yourself, not her. What are you annoyed at? This, or the feeling that she used you?
    Last edited by Duvet; 05-27-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What I am curious about is how she got your husband's email and phone number.

Post Thanks / Like

You'd be surprised at the number of people who have that info - along with their real name and other personal details - on facebook. And we all know what facebook thinks about privacy.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    You'd be surprised at the number of people who have that info - along with their real name and other personal details - on facebook. And we all know what facebook thinks about privacy.
    Yea - and I think the whole Internet knows what I think about Face***k...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the "girl code" thing was more about women respecting each others boundaries when it came to relationships and dating.

-don't date your friend's ex
    -talk to your friend first if you're interested romantically in one of their family members
    -don't poach other women's men
    -chicks before d!cks

That kind of stuff. Shakti, your issue with this woman sounds just like regular ethics. You can't control other people's behavior, you can only control your reaction to it. Hold your head high and this too shall pass. Truth will out!

Post Thanks / Like

Here, when did this thread get dumped in the sauna ?

Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing wrong with being in the sauna. Nice and warm and good for the pores.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    FYI, the "Bro Code" had its origins on the sitcom "How I met your mother", and was the code by which the character Barney Stinson lived. It is, of course, meant to be a humorous take on male chauvinism. It has such pearls as:

Article 5 : Whether he cares about sports or not, a Bro cares about sports.

Or, the longer...

Article 10: A Bro will drop whatever he's doing and rush to help his Bro dump a chick
    It's normal for a Bro to get confused and disorientated when dumping a chick. For some reason he's worried she'll become agitated or even violent after he calmly explains his desire to have sex with her friends. This is when a Bro most needs his Bro to remind him that there are plenty more chicks in the ocean, and that a breakup need not be hazardous, stressful, or even time-consuming.

SIDE-BRO: HOW TO DUMP A CHICK IN SIX WORDS OR LESS
    "Maybe try a side salad instead"
    "Cute! You're growing a mustache, too!"
    "She looks like a younger you"
    "I will finance a boob job"
    "Sorry I threw out your shoes"
    "Your sister let me do that"
    That's what worries me, how entertainment is teaching society and confirmation of an idea artists do educate via art and with that perhaps the rebel that an artist can be and why society in general is untrusting of artists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast