When you find yourself calculating your expenditures by the price of dance videos (Pay 1/4 of an IAMED to spend 2 hours in the movie theatre on Friday night? Pfffft.).
Last edited by Kiadorin; 01-23-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Reason: Edited to clarify
You know you are a belly dancer when you have more coins on your costumes than most people have in their pockets.
(Of course this may only be true for old-style American cab dancers- so many others have gone for beads!)
You also know you are a belly dancer when you seriously consider taking out a loan to travel cross country to a speical workshop.
When you sneak out of college to go to dance classes.
And when you stretch and make nice arms movements to finish it off.
....when you have more costumes than regular clothes ......
-When you look through your normal scarf bin to find things that look like they could be turned into hip scarves(I've found some gems this way!)
-When you have a routine that goes with the sound of you brushing your teeth
-When you have more arabic music than anything else, and play it constantly despite rampant complaining from friends and neighbors
-You've been caught shimmying while thinking in the middle of a business presentation
Originally Posted by Sara
me too, me too!
Originally Posted by Ariella
You know you're a bellydancer when....
- after class you hear a song playing somewhere in the background, and immediately perceive it as ME though it's not.
- you don't show up for college and a day later first thing classmates ask is: were you dancing again??
- you find yourself arranging your dance supplies much more neatly than your other stuff.
- you buy any scarf just because "it might also look nice around your hips".
- when someone asks for your favourite song, first thing comes to mind are Arab classics...
- you pick the most ME sounding ringtone you can find for your cellphone.
- first thing you do in a music store is checking the world-music section for any bellydance'able music.
- first thing you do when paycheck comes in is decide how much you'll spend on dance-related things (and go over it when actually spending )
www.montereycountyweekly.com/issues/ Issue.01-04-2007/cover/Article.cover_story_4 -
check out above article.... found in area paper...
right on thread!
I can't open it, the link doesn;t work, any other way to show us?