You know you are a bellydancer when....

akewa

Ok here is one. If you read this forum first thing when you get on the comp and last thing before getting off it.

:dance:

Marisha

- when you pack ME music CDs and at least one hip scarf (ok, 3) no matter where you're going (I took it to a cousin's wedding in Ukraine)
( & when I wondered whether my cousin would actually like a CD with ME music as a wedding gift...no, she's not a dancer, yet ;)
- when you find yourself arguing, at least in your mind, every time you see incorrect information about this beloved dance, no matter where you see it
- when you are surprised when people don't know who Oum Kalthoum, Tarik Sultan or Carolina Nericcio are
- when you are matching eye glitter to your bedleh
- when you are trying to find a perfectly reasonable explanation why you can't live without that bedleh

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
When your husband/wife/partner, who is not a dancer, constantly ends up with a little body glitter on his/her body, clothes and face. Poor Anatoliy, LOL.

Fire Lily

This may have been added already. (didn't read all the replys)
- When you find yourself trying to subtly shimmy in Sanity or Virgin music stores no matter what’s playing
- Offering the fact that you bellydance to people without the topic even coming up.
- When you bump into someone you know in the shopping centre, and the first thing they ask? ‘How’s your dancing going?’
- When you are being introduced to someone new by a friend or family member, and they say ‘This is ____ and she's a bellydancer.
- When you look at a nice skirt in a store and think, ‘Hmm wonder what hip scarf or coin belt would go with that??’
- When you find yourself sitting at work looking up web sites on costumes and famous dancers, when you know you’ll get in trouble for doing so….

sedoniaraqs

When your husband/wife/partner, who is not a dancer, constantly ends up with a little body glitter on his/her body, clothes and face. Poor Anatoliy, LOL.

Along the same lines...this one was posted on bhuz a long time ago, and I can't remember who the author was but it stuck in my head:

You know your a belly dancer when your husband goes to work, sits down on the toilet in the mens room, and a sequin falls out of his underpants.

Sedonia

yonisha

When you open your wallet to get some change, and all you find are coins you have lost from your hipscarves that you have been saving to fix the hipscarves...

Last edited:

Erina

Or you find yourself doing hips moves- figure of 8s in front of a busness meeting you supposting to be hosting. And you don't realise until someone comments.

Sara

When your school/college teachers tells you to shut up the moment you walk in the class room before 'you bang on about something to do with belly dancing or that Moroccan band'.

Yshka

yonisha said:
When you open your wallet to get some change, and all you find are coins you have lost from your hipscarves that you have been saving to fix the hipscarves...

Heehee... this happens to me all the time:lol: "can I pay with these too??"

Ariella

-You know more about Madame Alba, Eman, and Pharonics of Egypt than Burberry, Coach, and Louis Vuitton.

Shanazel

Burberry, Coach, and Louis Vuitton???? Sounds like muffins, transportation, and musaka to me.

I bought my husband a jim bay (which I probably spelled wrong) last summer and he has been taking lessons. Being a lifelong musician, he is picking it up fast, and is going to start playing at my classes for me.:D

If you own more than one pair of shoes bought specifically to wear with harem pants, you might be a belly dancer.